Playstation 3

Squidward

Reaction score
Hey ya'll!! So, did anyone manage to get their paws on a PS3 system? I did! I waited outside of Target since Wednesday evening at 7, and lemme tell ya, the cold, COLD nights were a killer! But, I was able to get a 60GB model this morning. So was anyone smart enought to pre-order, or did ya'll have to camp out as well?

P.S. If you're wondering...of course I am gonna put the system on eBay! They're going for over $3000!!:excited:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I know, I saw that. They're going for $2700. That's what I saw, and that was just the pre-order. I shoulda just pre-ordered it. Put it on eBay and financed my trip to Nashville. That's the only way it would work for me. It's good that you're selling it on eBay. Now, if only I can sell this dang Elmo TMX. They're selling for a lot.

Daniel

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I heard that alot of the old games are having glitch problems on the PS3, at least in Japan. Hopefully they've fixed that before the came out on shelves today.

Everyone's so excited. It reminds me of when Halo 2 came out.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I read an article that said about half of the older games would work on the PS3, and the other half wouldn't. There's a site where you can look-up your game title and see if it'll work or not.

Doesn't sound too bad. I reeeeeeeeeeeeally wish I coulda got one, just to pay off some credit cards!

Cheers to those who were able to pick one up, whether it be for your own use or if you're just reselling it.

:smile:
Anthony

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I not gonna pay that much for a system. When the price gose down, I eventually ge t it though. And first generation hardwhere has too many glitiches and bugs it it. Yhere are just too many problems with it when it first comes out, ya know?

Pork

Reaction score
Well I live in Australia and PS3 hasn't come out yet. We still get a good old time out of our ancient Atari system...good old frogger and space invaders. But my brothers do have there PS2. I will be interested to see how much the PS3 cost when they come out over here.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I am just happpy with my ps2. And since I dont have wi-fii where we live, I have no use for the one with wi-fii. I made the comment to my mom that if she wanted to get me a game system, which she isnt, I was just saying that to her hypothetically, to get a X-Box 360, its cheaper. I think that I will wait a few years when the price drops and get a non-wi-fii PS3.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I think that the price in retail stores is too overated. I mean... think about it! $500-$600! Who would pay that much!! My cousin told me that yesterday (release of PS3) at a Wal-Mart, people were stampeded and sent to the hospital! The store manager said that they were only going to get 11 and 200 people waited in line for 3 days!! Now THAT is stupid!

Squidward

Reaction score
Yeah, people were going nuts all over the place, from what I hear. At the Target where I waited, everyone was awesome and so easy-going. We all knew who had what place in line, so we were able to go to the bathroom or get food without any problems.

As for the issues with the new hardware having glitches, I totally agree. It is VERY rare that I get a system on opening day and keep it. I usually just sell 'em and buy 'em when they are more readily available. The thing about the PS3, though, is that even if it IS expensive, when u factor in the cost of Blu-Ray DVD players, which cost well over $800, then the PS3 is a bargain! But I have a crappy TV, so I don't need anything that advanced just yet.