Bear 10th Anniversary Celebration

Luke

Reaction score
Well, i myself am hoping for a "Behind The Laughter" style special. Y'know, shows how Bear is living off the residuals on his private island in Hawiai, flanked by gorgeous babes, whilst poor Tutter is broke, forced to take a job at Burger King, narrowly avoiding each day getting smooshed into a Whopper!

I know, some hope, but then again Disney have got the Muppets swearing in French nowdays so anythings possible really!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
sweeeet! i LOVE Bear (and the show at Disney MGM) yooo HOOO MORE Bear dvds, maybe the Christmas one will be out on dvd next christmas!? :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
This sounds great! Bear in the Big Blue House is one of the only good shows for children we have left.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
I can't wait! It makes a lot of sense that they would do this.

"Bear" is a great program, one that Disney is not ashamed of showcasing and promoting, even though they could just as well have let it die out and be discounted it as just some "decade old kids show" (like they've done with so many programs).

Being that in 2004 Disney paid a lot to buy "Bear" out, it is obvious that they wouldn't spend the kind of dough they did if they weren't going to do something with "Bear" (some reports say that "Bear" cost them more than "The Muppets"). Since the 2004 buy-out we've gotten about 4 DVD releases (which were re-releases of old Columbia Tri-Star releases), a CD (another reissueing of material) and the short-lived "Breakfast with Bear" series. Nothing all that spectacular (especially since they could have done all those things just as well with Henson's joint ownership). Disney is a big company with a lot of politics and channels (plus they just underwent a big management change and had to establish and ajust to the new Muppet/Bear division) so I can understand the hiccup in love towards "Bear" (and "The Muppets"). I'm just glad that they are going to give some love towards the big blue house and can relaunch the program to a whole new set of youngsters. I'm so glad that Bear is not a dead franchise in Disney's eyes! I can't wait.

Reaction score
great news for fans of everyone's favorite mouse!

This is indeed good news. We are always worried when we visit Disney that Tutter and friends will be written out of the Playhouse Disney show since they are (sad to say) not exactly on the front burner.

For Disneyworld visitors, keep an eye out for the big Bear billboard just outside the airport, with a lovely larger than life picture of Tutter waving!

Miladyelfn

Reaction score
I would love to get Bear on DVD-I wonder if they have plans for a set?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Woo-hoo! I love Bear, this is indeed awesome news. In my book Bear is the best children's show since the 1980s. It has qualities reminiscent of "Dumob's Circus", "Under the Umbrella Tree", and wonderful shows like those back in the great '80s. It also has that "PBS" feeling with the intimate setting of the house.

I used to have the Bear album, but discovered lately it's vanished (probably got lost when I moved sometime). I love Luna and Bear and Pip & Pop, and it would be great to see more DVDs and music and other celebratory merchandise!

Really!

It would!

:big_grin:

Lelly

Reaction score
Please come back, Bear! We miss you out here in flyover country, too!

BEAR

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Woo-hoo! I love Bear, this is indeed awesome news. In my book Bear is the best children's show since the 1980s. It has qualities reminiscent of "Dumob's Circus", "Under the Umbrella Tree", and wonderful shows like those back in the great '80s. It also has that "PBS" feeling with the intimate setting of the house.

:big_grin:

I whole-heartedly agree with you. That's probably why I like it the way I do as opposed to most of the newer stuff that is out there today.