Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

Reaction score
I did enjoy this special. I thought that they could have left the "uncensored" part of the name off. I was expecting edgier humor because of that. Overall, I thought it was great... I enjoyed the mixing up of focusing on the puppets and showing the puppeteers. I just wish that they wouldn't have shown the host reacting all the time. I felt it was as though they didn't know what we should be laughing at.

Rustin Allison

tutter_fan

Reaction score
All I can say is, that in my post about the show, I should've used some CURSE words, but I was typing so fast, I forgot to do it!

beaker

Reaction score
So yeah...any way someone will put this on video google or bittorent?
Or can someone email me on how I can see this thing?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
And this is a rarity for me to be able to tell because my mom usually has to point something like that out to me (that's how I found out about Dick Sargent, Paul Lynde, Nathan Lane, Ellen DeGeneres, Charles Nelson Reilly, Lily Tomlin and several others... dang I'm so naive). Besides Patrick, the only other time I've been able to tell someone was gay was the photo shop guy who fell for George in an episode of Seinfeld.
Ok, i honestly don't know, or recall them by name, most of those people you listed... (Ellen is excluted from the list of people i dont know) n though i've suspected that Nathan Lane was gay... is it true or do you suspect?

I was hoping this was a on going series... i havn't been able to watch the first or second week to find out.. i dont watch enough tv to remember to be at the screen for a certain time.

If anyone finds out about a dvd or anything posted on youtube... feed us that havn't seen this yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CoOKiE said:
i've suspected that Nathan Lane was gay... is it true or do you suspect?
To quote my mother...
Big Mama Snowth said:
Nathan Lane's as gay as a day in May.
Anyway, I've been watching my Puppet Up! tape a lot lately and I've noticed a few things; 1. it seems like Brian used the exact same voice for every puppet he worked, 2. Alan seemed to go for the crab puppet quite a bit, 3. Tyler seemed to really be under used, 4. The Director puppet seemed to be based on Colin Mochrie whenever he plays a director in a sketch.

Anybody else noticed any of this?

Teenager's

Reaction score
I thought Brian used the same voice because he might have been sick or something......and wasn't able to do other voices.....

but I dunno

Land Strider

Reaction score
I wanted to chime in that I also thought PuppetUp was pretty great! I was excited to hear it would be airing after seeing a 5-minute clip at ComicCon and not being able to BREATHE for that 5 minutes! The clip we saw, however, I think was taped at a different performace, which makes me ask if there are going to be more episodes of this?? This seems to be a regular performance in LA, so I would LOVE to see more televized. Anyone have an address at TBS we could write to requesting that?

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
To quote my mother...

Anyway, I've been watching my Puppet Up! tape a lot lately and I've noticed a few things; 1. it seems like Brian used the exact same voice for every puppet he worked, 2. Alan seemed to go for the crab puppet quite a bit, 3. Tyler seemed to really be under used, 4. The Director puppet seemed to be based on Colin Mochrie whenever he plays a director in a sketch.

Anybody else noticed any of this?
I just think Brian doesn't have much voice range in general. Most of his Muppet characters sound the same to me. :wink:

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Land Strider said:
The clip we saw, however, I think was taped at a different performace, which makes me ask if there are going to be more episodes of this?? This seems to be a regular performance in LA, so I would LOVE to see more televized.
I believe all the performances have been recorded.