Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

alorindanya

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
I just think Brian doesn't have much voice range in general. Most of his Muppet characters sound the same to me. :wink:
I wonder if he could still do Hoggle (I hope he can since that's my favorite voice of his).

Super Scooter

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
I just think Brian doesn't have much voice range in general. Most of his Muppet characters sound the same to me.
Come on! His dad only had two voices. Three, tops! :smile: :sympathy:

But, I didn't think he was half bad. He did a few different voices. The warthog, for one. I just think people tend to use what they're comfortable with when put on the spot like that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
I just think Brian doesn't have much voice range in general. Most of his Muppet characters sound the same to me. :wink:
I don't know, Cruiser from The Christmas Toy and Dr. Phil Van Neuter have totally different voices (even though you can still tell it's Brian).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
CoOKiE said:

though i've suspected that Nathan Lane was gay... is it true or do you suspect?

Nathan Lane is very open about being homosexual. Just wanted to set the record straight without a doubt. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
heralde said:
Nathan Lane is very open about being homosexual. Just wanted to set the record straight without a doubt. :smile:
.... *opens mouth to comment* ....

*says nothing*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:

*says nothing*
*Slaps Super Scooter* It's rude to stand with your mouth hanging open!

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Come on! His dad only had two voices. Three, tops! :smile: :sympathy:

But, I didn't think he was half bad. He did a few different voices. The warthog, for one. I just think people tend to use what they're comfortable with when put on the spot like that.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing or anything like that...I'm just saying it's fact. Most of his characters have that particular high voice he uses.

You're right that he probably wants to go with what feels the most comfortable for him while doing improv. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:

*says nothing*
Thank you...I honestly didn't notice that until later...heh

beaker

Reaction score
So, a hundred waffles to anyone willing to make this special available...anyone?

WOCKA2416 said:
I'm not saying it's a bad thing or anything like that...I'm just saying it's fact. Most of his characters have that particular high voice he uses.

You're right that he probably wants to go with what feels the most comfortable for him while doing improv. :wink:
Well look at Frank Oz...to me aside from Piggy and Animal, all his characters sound like Grover^^

Actual "distinct" voices are usually only a few, if were talking original characters.
Bill BAretta has a wide array of voices, but a lot of them are filling in/taking over other people's characters.

I sitll have yet to hear these new Muppet "fillins" they got for the main Muppets.

Super Scooter said:

*says nothing*
Saying someone is shocked about Nathan Lane being gay, is like saying one is shocked that Danny Glover is black.

****, I thought the Muppet Scooter outed himself a while back.

Point is, a celeb being gay is like a celeb liking a different kind of icecream. I hear Will Ferrel prefers mint over vanilla icecream, stop the presses! ^^