Unwanted mails

Honbrifcl

Reaction score
I am getting unwanted mails from Muppet Central. Muppet Central offers the possibility to unsubscribe and I did it three times already, but mails keep coming. I like Muppet Central and I visit the site often so I don't need and want any emails. The unsubscribe does not work correctly (although I get confirmation mails of the successful unsubscribe). Muppet Central should take this unsubscribe seriously, otherwise those mails could be marked as SPAM in the future. I don't know if others have the same experience...?

BEAR

Reaction score
I think I understand what you mean. You're talking about the emails telling you that someone posted in said thread. Yeah, I don't like it either as it just fills up my inbox and is unecessary. I check the forum several times a day and look at all kinds of different threads. So I also don't need the emails, but until Phil comes up with another way I will just have to live with it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... To me it's a useful service. I get E-mail notifications of the threads I'm subscribed to... And that way, on my first swing through the forums I know hexactly which threads to check out first because someone's posted there.
If you're having troubles with it or feel they're unnecessary... Then I suggest you unsubscribe from "ALL" threads you're currently subscribed to. It'll take a bit of time, but it'll be worth it.

The problem I have is that there are some threads I'm subscribed to for which I do not receive E-mails notifying me of new posts made in that thread. Prime examples of this are: "The Moppet Family, Same Family, New Thread","~Muppet Musique", and "Muppet College Dorms... The Next Semester", and "FanFiction: The Prediciment".
Hope this helps, and have a good day.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For forum e-mails, go to your user control panel and then "edit options" and you'll see "Messaging & Notification" settings listed. You'll want to also unsubscribe from any threads you don't want replies too.

You can also unsubscribe from our mailing list here if you choose to do so.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/list/index.shtml

Honbrifcl

Reaction score
Actually, I was not referring to the thread mails, but the Muppet "News" mails. I got another one today about "Henson's Land of Gorch" coming on DVD. I tried again to unsubscribe. We'll see if it works this time but I doubt it... :smirk:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you continue to get "news" e-mails, please post here and let us know. We'll look into the situation further.