Who was your favorite vocalist?

BooberKnowsBest

Reaction score
Definitely Richard Hunt. I was watching the clip where he sang "Letter B" with the Beetles, and it sure took me back. i think he sang very beautifully:cry:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think I really had a favorite. But definitely, I love a lot of Richard's songs, especially "Letter B." Chris and Joe were amazing talents. And nearly everything with Bert and Ernie!

Of the humans, I think I enjoy Bob's voice the most. He seems to embody Sesame Street's spirit the most to me. But they're all great.

anytimepally

Reaction score
every voice Jerry Nelson does (and there are tons of them) has an awesome singing voice to go with it.. it's amazing

I like Joe Raposo's vocals, too, especially when he did that Jazzy-type voice (like on "I'm in Love with You Pretty Baby")

Cookie fan

Reaction score
How about Lena Horne?

Though she wasn't a cast member on Sesame Street, when she sang that song "Not easy being green" with Kermit...Man whatta set of pipes she has huh?! She definitely was one of the great guests that came on SS.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I loved Lena Horn's appearance. Wonderful voice and an interesting mixture of edge and sweetness. I love the way she says, "You're great, Gonzo!" And her Sesame Street appearance with Grover was cute too and a very important message about being shy.

BEAR

Reaction score
dabauckham said:
Growing up with Sesame Street, I always liked David (Northern Calloway) and Gordon (Roscoe Orman) the best. Susan (Loretta Lynn) was also awesome.
-David
Sorry. I think you mean Loretta Long. Loretta Lynn was a famous country singer.