Has anyone actually ever seen 'A Special Sesame Street Christmas'?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
No, I'm not sawing14, because I don't know how to post on You Tube. Lol. Anyway, I saw the first three parts so far and I don't think it's quite as bad as people say. I liked the songs, and the "Christmas Carol" reference. But I do agree that this could have been better. Oscar was sort of extra grouchy, then again he was no Mother Thresa in "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" either. Also, it was a bit strange that we didn't see classic characters like Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert and Ernie, etc. Also, where the heck were Susan and Gordon? They played quite a big role in the other one. But this has it's moments. I'll post more after I've seen the rest of it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Wishes for it never to come to DVD, but provides it to the world. Hmmmm... Either he's joking about how much he can't stand it or he has some kind of real love/hate relationship with it.
Maybe he posted it so that people who want to see it can see it for free, hate it, and then if it ever comes to DVD sales would be bad because people saw it on You Tube and hated it.

Hey, is The Star Wars Holiday Special available on You Tube? Or Daffy Duck and Porky Pig Meet the Groovy Ghoulies (a 1971 special hated by animation historians, and probably to Looney Tunes what The Star Wars Holiday Special is to Star Wars)?

superboober

Reaction score
The Star Wars Special is still out there on YouTube at last check. I can see exactly why Lucas wants to blow up every single copy since the production designs are absolutely laughable, right to the Home Life and Wookie routines that makes you wonder of the Spaceballs financed the whole thing.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to watching this last night, and honestly didn't think it was that bad. Definitely not as good as Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, but OK. Definitely could have used some more of the other Muppet characters.

Censored

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Maybe he posted it so that people who want to see it can see it for free, hate it, and then if it ever comes to DVD sales would be bad because people saw it on You Tube and hated it.

I guess I'd better start uploading all the modern Sesame Street episodes on Youtube then. :wink:

Seriously though, one has to wonder what his motivation was for saving it all those years. Maybe he was delighted with it when he was younger, but got bitter later on.

You know how it goes,

"You were a happy tyke, we couldn't help, but like... Then you grew up, you see, big green and grouchily, look at how fast we forget." :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Hey, is The Star Wars Holiday Special available on You Tube? Or Daffy Duck and Porky Pig Meet the Groovy Ghoulies (a 1971 special hated by animation historians, and probably to Looney Tunes what The Star Wars Holiday Special is to Star Wars)?
Actually, I have the Groovy Ghoulies special on tape. If I knew how to post on You Tube, I'd try to put up some clips, but I guess that's not what were talking about here. Lol.

JLG

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003: LOL, sorry about the mistaken identity. I just assumed it was you because an earlier post of yours seemed to suggest you were about to upload it. Guess I misread it (though I did put a question mark in...)

BTW, someone put "Elmo Saves Christmas" on YT, which I hadn't seen in nine years until just now. It was much better than I remembered it being. I was laughing all the way through it. (Even though the idea of a grumpy Santa Claus is unusual, it's pretty funny.)

Part of it may be simply an appreciation for this special being from what I think of as the near-end of Sesame Street 1.0---to me it's the old show's last hurrah. (actually, maybe its last hurrah was Slimey's return from space, though I never did catch that.:wink: ) Kermit shows up for a bit, Forgetful Jones appears prominently as a silent BG character, which was surprising, and most of the humans are there, save for Susan, Miles, Celina and Ruthie (I forgot all about Carlos until seeing this). I always liked Mr. Handford---it was nice seeing him again, as was seeing the old, relaxed Maria. Amazing how much has changed the last 10 years. Much more than in the 25 years before that.

To sum up this special as briefly as possible: Harvey Fierstein. In a rabbit costume. 'Nuff said.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003: LOL, sorry about the mistaken identity. I just assumed it was you because an earlier post of yours seemed to suggest you were about to upload it. Guess I misread it (though I did put a question mark in...)
Yeah, actually I was sort of suggesting that 'somebody' upload it. Just not me. Sorry about the confusion. Maybe I should have worded that better.