Where do you shop for puppet stuff?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Mainly Walmart and Joann's fabric store... i've also checked out Michaels here n there.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Things I find...

The first place I stop to shop is (sounds cheap) the Dollar Store! I usually purchase the following:
Ping Pong balls/Hot glue sticks/sewing pins/markers/googly eyes (for black circle)/makeup sponges (for teeth)/Scissors/sign board/felt squares/feathers/sometimes steel blades/contact cement

Hamilton Ontario up here in Canada has a street called Ottawa where the whole street is practically fabric stores, I love it.

Canadian Tire is great for odds and ends- Tools etc.

Antron Fleece- The one the only Georgia Stage Inc. (in US funds)

Clothes- Zellers/Build a Bear

Rods- Metal Hangers- spray painted black

Rubber mats for mouths- Sometimes dollar stores

spcglider

Reaction score
Oh yeah... if you're looking for really good rubber sheet to use as mouth plates, go to your local hardware store... NOT a big chain store. They will sometimes have TOILET GASKET RUBBER on large rolls. Its the perfect thickness, comes a foot wide by xfeet, and at MY local store it's 99cents a foot versus buying the 4 little squares of it in plastic containers which are 6 bucks!!

-Gordon

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Automotive supply stores are a good source of gasket rubber too. Here in Mexico it is a very do-it-yourself kind of society so all of the auto parts shops seem to carry large selections of gasket rubber because everyone makes their own gaskets.

Phantom

Reaction score
spcglider said:
Oh yeah... if you're looking for really good rubber sheet to use as mouth plates, go to your local hardware store... NOT a big chain store. They will sometimes have TOILET GASKET RUBBER on large rolls. Its the perfect thickness, comes a foot wide by xfeet, and at MY local store it's 99cents a foot versus buying the 4 little squares of it in plastic containers which are 6 bucks!!

-Gordon
Let me be the first to say....

Potty-Mouth! :smile: