Why Dont we Make Something Together?

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
We should just pick one

:smile: We should just pick one, I feel if we leave it too long interest will start to frazzle!...if frazzle is a word. Anyway, let me know and I can post it on my blog and hopefully more people will join in. I think it would be fun to have each puppet (when it is first shown) to have it's name and where he/she/it is from. It would be neat to see where everyone is from. If you can include where I should send my clip, estimated length, a deadline for submissions, and format you need the clip to be in that would be great. If you need help let me know- I'm also in the film business and have a top notch editing system. Let me know ASAP. I know I sound rushed, I apologize; but I love the idea and want to start taping my performance right away. If anyone is in the Toronto/Hamilton area and needs me to tape their performance let me know, I'll do it for free.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
:smile: ok here is my say,
i say lets do both Happiness hotel and Butter cup baby. so for all of us here record your self doing the whole song that way i can just splice it toget fairly easy and have it make sense instead of trying to cut up the songs. now if its possible send it to me in mpeg format if not quicktime works as well,(avi is fine) at Spiritman12209@aol.com or jr4170@stu.aii.edu or if you just no way of getting it one a computer and want to send it via mail on a mini DV tape PM me and ill give you my adress. ok so now just go out there film, share this idea with as many puppeteers as you know and lets just have fun...a deadline lets says by the first week in jaunary like the 3rd so that i have time to watch them after the holiday

Teenager's

Reaction score
Frogpuppeteer said:
:smile: ok here is my say,
do both Happiness hotel and Butter cup baby. so for all of us here record your self doing the whole song
So sing the songs ourselves and don't lipsync to the record?

or do you want us to lipsync to the original?

But ok!...Everything else sounds Great

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
yeah, is there a prerecording of them that we all can use... just incase there are multiple versions of the songs???

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Here are the links to the lyrics for both songs...click on the song title, it should work.
Happiness Hotel
Build me up buttercup

You can email me at: thecreatureworks@hotmail.com, and I can send you the music for "Build me up buttercup". "Happiness Hotel" I'm having trouble finding but if I obtain it I'll send it to anyone who asks. If you can title the email: Need-A-Song that would be great.
I might be breaking some sort of copyright law, but I'm poor so they would get nothing from me anyway. :smile:

Phantom

Reaction score
Wouldn't all the extra dialogue in Happiness Hotel make it sort of cumbersome? I mean singing along is easy enough but the witty banter bandied about would perhaps get messy.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Perhaps one of us (other than myself please...I couldn't keep up with it) does some puppets doing the witty banter and the rest of us record singing along and then when we spice it just cut to the puppets doing the banter during the banter.
I'm more excited by build me up butter cup myself. Hey how about whats the name of that song from sesame street. Then you could splice the footage and have each puppet be a voice (like big bird etc:wink:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Hmmm

I believe Happiness Hotel is a pretty long song and the talking part(s) might be too long and confusing for people to sync to. We should stick to one song perhaps. It doesn't have to be "Build me up Buttercup" either, but I think it comes down to Frogpuppeteer deciding- because he came up with the idea. Let me know what song it is and I'll shoot it this weekend. If it is "BMUB" (Build Me Up Buttercup) and anyone needs the song- I can email it to you.

PS- The Footloose Theme song- Kenny Loggins "Everybody cut Footloose!" would also be hillarious- we can cut puppets not only singing, but dancing as well...again Frogpuppeteer let us know PLEASE! :smile: