Gonzo and Rizzo

Barry Lee

Reaction score
While watching MCC, I realize how much Gonzo & Rizzo make such a great team. I seriously wish I can see more of them together in future projects. So what do you guys think of this pairing? :concern:

Skye

Reaction score
Love 'em! Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!! It might help that Rizzo is one of my all-time personal favorites. But I love 'em together. They're awesome, they're hilarious, they interact perfectly... everything is great. Dave and Steve work so well together!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Gonzo and Rizzo are like my all time favorite Muppet pairing, EVER! I think that their relationship is as close to Dave and Steve's real relationship that we'll ever see. The two of them are great together and I'm so glad Jerry Juhl's genious brought them together.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Oh, G&R are my favorite muppet pairing! They're so perfect together! I loved them in MTI as well.

BEAR

Reaction score
They're a great comic duo, I wonder what made them decide all of a sudden to pair Gonzo and Rizzo together starting with MCC.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
BEAR said:
They're a great comic duo, I wonder what made them decide all of a sudden to pair Gonzo and Rizzo together starting with MCC.
Good question. I guess when they decided to use Gonzo as the narrator(Charles Dickens), they thought he needed someone to play off of, and Rizzo was chosen. Although I suspect that the idea to pair them together wasn't intended to be an ongoing thing. But they had such great chemistry together, I guess they decided to use them together in other projects.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I think it was because of Steve and Daves relationship because they were good close friends.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I must say that after MCC, Muppet Classic Theater, Muppet Treasure Island, and Muppets From Space, I was getting a little tired of Gonzo and Rizzo over and over again.. that's not to say they're not a good pairing, because they're great, but I would've liked more variety, that's all

Kiki

Reaction score
Heh, Rizzo and Gonzo are such a groovy pair, I loved 'em in MTI (which is actually my fave Muppet film) and in MCC. They probley make such a fab duo cause Steve and Dave get along with each other... like Richard and Jerry. So that's one of the biggest reasons why Rizzo and Gonzo are so great together, like Wembley and Boober in FR. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
anytimepally said:
I must say that after MCC, Muppet Classic Theater, Muppet Treasure Island, and Muppets From Space, I was getting a little tired of Gonzo and Rizzo over and over again.. that's not to say they're not a good pairing, because they're great, but I would've liked more variety, that's all
Agreed. It's a fab pairing, but it does get a little old. I liked in VMC though, when Gonzo gets Rizzo a Christmas present, even though the two arn't heavily featured in the movie.