Muppet Family Christmas on TV this year

thefozz

Reaction score
Anyone know if any Canadian or US networks are airing it?

Here in Canada, YTV and later their sister network Treehouse were airing it annually, but stopped a year or two ago, and don't seem to have it scheduled this year.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
thefozz said:
Anyone know if any Canadian or US networks are airing it?

Here in Canada, YTV and later their sister network Treehouse were airing it annually, but stopped a year or two ago, and don't seem to have it scheduled this year.
I haven't seen it scheduled anywhere on my TV guide.

superboober

Reaction score
Not likely for this year. We'll just have to keep bombarding as many networks as possible with petitions; eventually one of them's going to have to crack and schedule it.

BEAR

Reaction score
I haven't seen it aired on TV in years. Good thing I have it on video. I can watch whenever I want.

rurulesunc

Reaction score
As I remember it has Muppets, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock characters. With all of the legal battles that would ensue about rights on the characters. I have a feeling that it will be a LONG time before we see this on TV again.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
rurulesunc said:
As I remember it has Muppets, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock characters. With all of the legal battles that would ensue about rights on the characters. I have a feeling that it will be a LONG time before we see this on TV again.
Possibly, but I could almost swear it aired here in Canada a few years ago, after the split, but I could be wrong. It may be a situation where the networks bought the rights to air the special for a specific number of years and it just ran out and they haven't bothered renewing the license. With all the other holiday specials available, networks aren't exactly lacking in programming material.

It is sad that this special will likely never see an unedited release on DVD.

Marky

Reaction score
GRRR!!!!

The misleading title of this thread got me all excited!

thefozz

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
Possibly, but I could almost swear it aired here in Canada a few years ago, after the split, but I could be wrong.
You're right. It aired as recently as 2-3 years ago on Treehouse. I have the tape to prove it!

Sad thing is, we probably never will see this again, period. Even if all the legal issues do get sorted out, there are more modern (though not anywhere near as good) Muppet Xmas specials that the networks would rather likely air.

Myself, I still plan on firing up the old VCR to watch the priceless comedy stylings of Fozzie and his snowman partner!

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
thefozz said:
=
Sad thing is, we probably never will see this again, period. Even if all the legal issues do get sorted out, there are more modern (though not anywhere near as good) Muppet Xmas specials that the networks would rather likely air.

[=QUOTE]

Exactly. Unless the kids are schooled by their parents in who half the characters are, even some of the sesame Street cast, they won't know who they are.

I remember performing with my puppet and I mentioned Kermit the Frog. Out of a room of twenty kids, only two knew who Kermit is.