Karen Prell Appreciation Thread

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I noticed that alot of other Muppeteers have had threads about them, but not Karen. So I decided to share my story.

Personally she is a huge inspiration to me. As Red Fraggle, she sings amazing fraggle songs, and makes me laugh. Her performances are also so moving, and have meaning, which is one of the reasons why Fraggle Rock is so dear to me. When I learned that she is an animator as well, I was really impressed. I admire that greatly because it's the field that I'm trying to pursue right now. I think it's so cool! Her career encompasses both things that I love greatly: art, animation, drawing, etc. and the muppets!

When they tried to have the Henson Podcast a few months ago, she was in the episodes talking about the work that's being done and sounding genuinely just really happy to deliver the news to the fans. I thought that this was really generous of her because it's not something that she had to do, but I know I really appreciated it! Also, it's totally cool that she's willing to do the interviews on the Fraggle Rock box sets. She seems to be as big of a fan as we are!

She seems like a nice, enthusiastic person and I hope to meet her one day. Maybe I'll be so lucky if they have another fan convention soon (cross your fingers!) . I'd want to thank her for being so cool and available to the fans, and for giving me inspiration to follow my dreams too. :smile:

Three cheers! :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Karen's one of the reasons I enjoyed the Fraggle Rock DVD interviews so much. She always has some little bit of trivia to share. You can tell that in addition to working with the Muppets, she's a genuine fan. :excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
She's a MC member isn't she?
Has she been posting here lately? I'd love to PM her. :big_grin:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Karen is awesome and Red Fraggle is my hero so, of course I love Karen! But seriously, she brings such a spirit to the character of Red that just works so well and without it I think Red would just be annoying instead of spunky and fun. So yes, three cheers for Karen Prell!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of meeting Karen at my workplace recently, and she is the most engaging person to talk with.

Of course, i was starstruck, being an animator and knowing both her animation and puppeteering work, but she is VERY modest about her many accomplishments.

A wonderful lady.

Beauregard

Reaction score
K'PAT!

Bea:zany:{Yeah, like I could resist???}regard

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Oh I LOVE Karen. She has my two DREAM jobs. An Animator or a Henson Puppet MASTER! I Idolize her. I know Karen looks on here ever so often, so Karen if you read this, I think your awsome. I just bought an Autographed picture of you and Red off of Ebay, sure its not as good as getting it in person, which would be an honor by the way. I met Brian which was AWSOME, but I would love to meet someone who worked on Fraggle Rock. Also, we just got one of my best friends into Fraggle Rock, and she LOVES you...and Red of corse. Everytime we watch a different Muppet something or other she will yell out "Hey its Red!" lol, I say "Atta Girl". So yeah

Love ya Karen!

Tyler

P.S. My dream is to...well one work for Henson AND on the Fraggle Rock Movie, but I would also LOVE to someday get a picture with me and You and Jerry, Steve, Dave, Kathy and all your Fraggles...I get goose bumps thinking about it!

Metacritter

Reaction score
Karen's enthusiasm for Fraggle Rock is infectious. I think it was her discussions of the episodes in the Season 1 extra features that tipped me over into avid fandom.

I'm also astounded by the expressions, sync, and mouth shapes Karen gets with Red. If you don't know what I mean, check out "Red's Blue Dragon," specifically the part where Red says "The T. Matthew Fraggle Room?" Also, all through that episode Red pulls some great mugs for the camera. Red is alive... ALIVE I tell you! :excited: Maybe Karen is the imaginary one. :wink:

What an amazing artist!