Kermit in the Macy's Parade!!!!

Smig

Reaction score
The CAT IN THE HAT balloon, in its debut year, got blown into a street light, knocking it down and causing injury. It has officially been BANNED from the Macy's parade, and new rules on the size and shape of the Balloons were drawn up.

Sad. I love the Cat in the Hat and that would have been a nice balloon.

I remember SONIC THE HEDGEHOG being blown into a steet lamp. The thing literally took his eye out. POP!
(too bad the whole blasted ballon didn't go!)

Anyone remeber the short-lived OLIVE OYL balloon? it had a little SWEE'PA balloon attached to one arm and the last year it was used, the arm holding Swee'Pea was torn off, making for a very odd sight of an one-armed Oyl with a baby floating next to her head.

And sadly, the last year i remember seeing our beloved KERMIT ballon, it's head had punctures, and it just sagged down emptily thru the parade, like an actual kermit without a hand in his head..

Welcome back, Froggy!
Smig

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the year that they had the odd, eastern European cartoon Bull Balloon Float? WHAT THE %^$# WAS THAT?!?!?! Not only do we not have any funny cartoon characters from America, we have globally unfunny characters now!

I mean, do we REALLY need to see more of Dragontales and Barney the Dinosaur? I hope they pop like an overripe zit!

Hope Kermit, however, gets a nice long stay forever and ever, along with a Fozzie Balloon and maybe a Fraggle Float!

Course, I'd like to see a Bear Balloon (or Float) in place of Barney the Hasbeen!

Smig

Reaction score
Actually, for a couple years there WAS a Fraggle Float. It was a humongous version of the cave set, with actual fraggles popping in and out, even a couple on a seesaw. The float centerpiece was a GIGANTIC animatronic Junior Gorg, bobing his head, opening/closing his eyes, and waving his club around.

Anyone know of any pics?

Smig

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd love to see that! I hope they do that again next year!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I'd love to see that! I hope they do that again next year!
Umm, they haven't had that float for years. Considering that FR hasn't been in the public eye for a long time, I can't see them ever having a Fraggle Float, but it really was great.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Nope. He's still under contract. They're just focusing on the Intern characters that they recently added. At the end of one of the Intern characters commercials, Steve (the Dell guy -- the character not the actor) makes an appearance.
hmm, that's interesting, maybe he will be leaving soon or something? I don't know. i'm sure he will want to move on sometime, or just sink into the darkness.

Zack)Rowlf the, WOW! you know a lot about small big time commercials type peoples, not that they are the facts of life, but it's interesting, i guess...Dog.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Actually, for a couple years there WAS a Fraggle Float. It was a humongous version of the cave set, with actual fraggles popping in and out, even a couple on a seesaw. The float centerpiece was a GIGANTIC animatronic Junior Gorg, bobing his head, opening/closing his eyes, and waving his club around.
wouldn't that be great to have in your backyard;-)

it's nice to know kermit and piggy will be there.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Ahhh!! Don't 4 get that they have NEW Mickey Mouse well.....not real new it was made in 2000 so its pritty new any ways LOL WOW!! I HOPE this New Kermit balloon opens Disney's eyes!! I CAN'T wate for this...THIS is the ONLY reasin i LOVE Thanksgiving the Masy's Parade!!! Yehhhhhhhh....

Hi Steve, balloons are nice, but theres more to thanksgiving then that, how about being thankful for your family,everything you have, and the food!

Zack)Rowlf the, todays halloween...it felt like summer yesterday....tomarrow it will be new years...why does time go by like a roller coster when you get older, i don't want to get any order, and i''m not even old!Dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To Zack The Posted three times before someone answered him Dog... I would like to have that in my Yard, sure, but I don't have a yard. A for food, I usually stop as seconds for some reason, lately! I hate myself for that! Least IU'm not on the greasy, unappetizing hogey diet.

Fraggle Rock is not in the public eye, because the company didn't even try to get it back in there!

I really can't understand why last year they had a Cheesasaurus Rex Balloon. I mean, the Trix Rabbit, Tony the Tiger, Etc. Etc. have always been around, and people from all over the world recognise them, but Cheesasaurus Rex is just so obscure. Why not also through in the Cookie Crisp Dog and Bandit too! Heck, let's throw in the Gieco Gecko as well!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
To Zack The Posted three times before someone answered him Dog...
LOL! Don't you know its more fun that way?

Zack)Rowlf the, well...it is,Dog.