Possible Puppet Show Passed On

MWoO

Reaction score
I was not calling anyone a liar, I was questioning thei nfo and story behind it as it didn't make sense to me. I don't live in the UK. I've never visited. I don't talk to anyone from their on a regular basis. I wouldn't know what age people go to college there. I wouldn't know what programs they have for teenagers. Instead of saying I attacked you you could have just explained what I found odd. Geeze, sensative.

Next time I'll make sure to blindly believe anything anyone tells me even if the info at hand doesn't make sense to me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm

:wink: You know what would be kind of cool? What if every season (or half season) the Muppet gang travels and gets stuck someplace different? That invites opportunities for season cliffhangers and helps keep things fresh. Might be expensive, but so much seems to be blue (or "green") screened these days. Maybe they can have cut-ins of Beauregard or someone helming the theater. They could have him unintentionally bungling the gang's attempts to get back each week. There, you got some locations while showing (cost conscious) bits of the theater. Problem solved...well, for me at least.

:flirt: Heck, I just want them back. The claims I've heard that Disney execs are taking their time to find the right thing just don't seem the right way to go. The Muppet Show was a good solid idea that was refined each season. However, it is harder to grow a show in a modern climate that expects remarkable and immediate results while making a modest investment.

Thanks Kaiser Gonzo for posting your report.:attitude:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
yay! it's Jamie! :smile: <---hiya, frogboy!

You're idea sounds really interesting, too. I like the Beauregard bit. Considering the show was already compared to Gilligan's Island, Beau would be perfect for the part of bumbling Gilligan. :wink:

And, I agree, I just want to see the Muppets again. :sympathy:

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
hey jamie thats a really cool idea.
we should all write a proposal for a new muppet show send it to the people at disney who probably dont even give a **** about the muppets reputation as long as they get a load of money from merchandising.
I totally agree WE WANT THE MUPPETS BACK

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooooh! I love that idea, Jamie (welcome back, btw!) and not just because you mentioned Beau could be in it.

I personally would want to see a sit-com, with the Muppets just existing, living at home, putting on a show every few episodes, etc. With a small story in each episode (such as something with Janice and Floyd, something with Scooter and Skeeter, etc) and a longer running story also.

matleo

Reaction score
you know, I think I kinda like Jamie's idea. What if a new Muppet Show featured them working as a touring company instead of in a theatre. It would actually givethem a chance to mix some location shooting and some studio shooting. it would be kinda different and just might make it a tad more interesting...expensive as heck to produce but it would be interesting.

--Matleo

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The other thing I wanted to see the Muppets do as a show is that it's a free world for them to travel in: at the boarding house, the theater, the mall--just everywhere. The same way you would see any other show happening. Not just be stuck in one place. So, Jamie's idea works the same way, and I like that 'un.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
...I wanted to see the Muppets do as a show is that it's a free world for them to travel in: at the boarding house, the theater, the mall--just everywhere... Not just be stuck in one place. So, Jamie's idea works the same way, and I like that 'un.
Hmm. Like a Muppets/SciFi/Sliders sort of thing? That could be fun. :smile: :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I mean rather than just be in the theater only, the whole world is their's to travel in and go do what they want. They did it once or twice during Muppets Tonight, like Kermit picking up Gilbert Godfrey for a "Dinner Date."

One of my plans for Muley is to have him appear in places other than one set.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmm... just read 'bout the new Muppet Show. Thanks for posting this, Kaiser Gonzo cause I havn't heard much 'bout a new Muppet Show for a while, however I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet though, man. :smile: S'pose it could be good. Meh, w'ell just haveta play it by year, yeah?

Btw, yes, college in other countries -like here in Australia, where I live- is basically high school. We can still call it high school (but that's usually years 10-12, junior high's year 7-9) but yeah, most of the time it's refirred to as a college. Heh, just sayin'.:wink:

Oh, I just want 'em back!! :smile: