Strange sketch of a green hill and apple from the 70s and 80s

SomeGuy75

Reaction score
Strange sketch of a green hill and apple from the 70s

Does anyone remember an animation skit with a green hill and an apple tree at the top of the hill. An apple would fall off the tree on top of the a man's head who happened to be sitting right below the tree. The scary part was every time an apple would fall on this guys head, some kind of crazy long tongue would fly out of his mouth and shoot back in. He actually might have been blowing one of those rolll up party blowers that unravel when you blow into them. I even remember the green hill or tree having a face and this really bizarre music playing during the sketch! I'd love to see this sketch if anyone remembers this one and has access to upload this.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
I do remember!

Yes, this animated clip was the source of many a nightmare I had as a kid...by the way, this clip is a highly popular topic in the thread "What sketches scared you as a kid" in this forum. I recall a chameleon as the creature flicking its curly tongue and the music only made it more eerie. I don't know if that clip had a moral or the point of it but it scared me a lot. I wish it would be posted on youtube soon, that along with the cracked wall animated clip.

SomeGuy75

Reaction score
Cookie fan said:
Yes, this animated clip was the source of many a nightmare I had as a kid...by the way, this clip is a highly popular topic in the thread "What sketches scared you as a kid" in this forum. I recall a chameleon as the creature flicking its curly tongue and the music only made it more eerie. I don't know if that clip had a moral or the point of it but it scared me a lot. I wish it would be posted on youtube soon, that along with the cracked wall animated clip.
I thought it was creepy but I loved it. I just to see this again. Where else is this clip mentioned again in this forum? Hope someone finds this and uploads this.

clipjj27

Reaction score
I think I remember this...

Does this clip have bagpipe-like music playing? If so, it's one of the clips I'd like to see again after all these years!

clipjj27

Reaction score
This clip is on YouTube now. It was uploaded about a month or so ago and, yes, the eerie bagpipe music comes back after all these years!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's fascinating how memories change details yet still get a lot of the basics right! SPOILERS

In the clip, it is a lizard type creature that keeps sticking out its tongue. There's no man in the clip, EXCEPT that towards the end the camera pans out to reveal the hill under the tree HAS A FACE which keeps getting annoyed at all the apples falling on him, lol. I don't recall seeing this one as a kid but that part definitely would have freaked me out, especially with the music and all, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are things on Sesame Street I just don't get why they're there. This is one of those ketches. it teaches nothing, it's creepy, and it just doesn't feel like it belongs anywhere but a film festival.

Plus, it looks like Terry Gilliam should have called a lawyer. :cool:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
There are things on Sesame Street I just don't get why they're there. This is one of those ketches. it teaches nothing, it's creepy, and it just doesn't feel like it belongs anywhere but a film festival.
True- but I still love watching these- at least now. Although yeah- it probably would've freaked me out as a kid.:batty:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I guess they were to stimulate the children's psychedelic imaginations, lol.