Here's an Interesting Question

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When and where did you first see what would become your all-time favorite TV show?

For me, here's a little story behind this: my mom suffers from insomnia (I do too OCCASIONALLY) so she has to take all of this strong sleeping medication to help her sleep, and the side effects make her kind of... "tipsy"... like if she's drunk or something. One day she promised to make me a homemade milkshake but she forgot but late that night (this was back in May of 2005 shortly after school was out) there she was in the kitchen eating ice cream (another side effect of the sleeping medication gives her the late-night munchies) and she's like "ready for your milkshake?" and it's like a little after midnight but since she didn't know what she was going because of her medication she insist on my having a milkshake so I took it (even though I had just brushed my teeth and was getting ready for bed so now I'd be going to bed with sugar and vanilla in my system). Nothing was on TV that night and as I was flipping through channels I was intriqued by the show M*A*S*H; and when I saw that one episode (I forget which one it is now but it had to do with a stolen side of beef) I was hooked. So thanks to my mom's sleeping medication, M*A*S*H is now my all time favorite show, I have a copy of "The Complete Book of M*A*S*H", I have seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 on DVD (just missing 5 but it was on my wishlist), I taped the three hour (in syndication) series finale (Hallmark actually aired it uncut!), and I'll definitely be watching TV Land in January to see the two reunion specials!

anytimepally

Reaction score
I don't know the exact when, but I know where and the circumstances around it... when I would stay over at my Grandparents when I was younger (this would be around 1984 or 1985), my Grandfather would get up in the middle of the night to watch Tales from the Darkside and as I am and always have been a light sleeper, I would always wake up and watch it with him.. I have most of the episodes of VHS now, but they really need to release it on dvd

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well one of my favourite shows has to be Undergrads. It's a cartoon, only a few years old, but it's only got one season, which is a huge shame. When it first came out in about 2001, I watched it constantly! I think I saw it for the first time at a friends house and was intrigued because Good Charlotte did the theme song and I liked it alot. They had reruns again last year on Teletoon, and I also own the season box set. It's hilarious and I love it and you should all too.

Plus it's got tons of Star Wars references and at least one muppet reference so I'm happy. Go watch Undergrads!!

teddyObear

Reaction score
It was so long ago and I don't remember the exact date. But it was Count Duckula when i was so little I can't even remember. I do remember at the start of every ep THAMES would do it's little into (the do-dodo-dooo) with the pretty little picture in the background (i thought for the longest time that it was actually the Count's castle in the background hehe). Of course, time flies and i had completely forgoten everything about it. I remember channel surfing one day and i landed on the THAMES intro. All of a sudden there i was excited doing the OMG ITS ON!!! The Wind and the Willows came on instead and i sat there "why am i getting excitied? what was i expecting?". It took me a few years and some research but i found it and am a proud owner of season 1 :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Can we list multiple shows? I'm going to. :wink: (sorry if we're not allowed to)

The Muppet Show: I've always been raised with the Muppets. My first exposure to The Muppet Show characters was with three compilation tapes made during the 1980s. The Kermit and Piggy Story, Muppet Treasures, and Children's Songs and Stories. The first, naturally, included new scenes of Kermit and Miss Piggy on a date, remembering their finest (and not-so finest) moments together on The Muppet Show. The second, Kermit and Fozzie were going through the attic at the theater, also remembering moments from The Muppet Show. Finally, the third is Scooter's solo, telling the viewing audience of all the great children's songs and stories they did on The Muppet Show. This one's my favorite, because it's just Scooter, and then a whole bunch of Jim Henson characters (including one-shot characters) distracting Scooter from showing his big number, "Six-String Orchestra". Finally, Kermit comes on and tells him that he ought to do the number, because it's great. "And it's my personal favorite!"

Well, that was my first exposure to The Muppet Show. Ever since, I've been hooked.

Fraggle Rock: My first real exposure to Fraggle Rock came within the last 5 years since joining Muppet Central. Before then, I knew very little about the Fraggles. Then, Warrick started his Fraggle Rock DVD petition. It was a while before I actually signed it, but when I did, I still knew very little about Fraggle Rock, other than that it was something Jim Henson really believed in, and so it deserved it's own DVD release. After I signed the petition, I went to Boober Gorg, and he helped me in getting a few episodes of Fraggle Rock, so I could find what I was missing out on. I bought the first two Fraggle DVDs when they came out (which have since been passed onto friends), and now own the first two seasons and DVD, and love every minute of it.

NewsRadio: I remember very little about what got me hooked, other than that it always seemed to be on when I went over to my grandparents house (that and Seinfeld), so we always watched it. Then, when we finally got TV, it was in reruns on A&E. If I wasn't around to watch it, I taped it, and watched it later. I think I've probably seen every episode. The same with Third Rock from the Sun, which is another favorite, just not as much-so as these three.

Well, I dunno if that's even legible, but there are you are, and there you have it.