Red-hot letter "I"

mikealan

Reaction score
Okay, okay. Every Muppet fan has GOT to remember this freaky live-action skit.

I saw it as a baby and it terrified me so much!! It was the red and hot letter "I" being made. It played scary trumpet-and-piano music and the red and hot metal stone from the beginning terrified me!!! Afterwards, the metal stone turns into an "I", but when I was a baby, I didn't know it was an "I". Finally the screen freezes to show us the "I" being made and it is so hot until this segment is over.

Do you guys remember this? Please let me know!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man! This used to scare the ever loving GLAVIN out of me! Especially the end with the menacing music, and thge blazing hot I came out of evil smoke and the horrifying voice scowled I

I'm glad they don't show that anymore. The must have banished it back to the firey pits of the Underworld from whense it came!!!!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I remember that one. It confused me more than it scared me. :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whoever made this film should take a nice hot bath in BOILING GORILLA GOO!

mikealan

Reaction score
Dr. Tooth and you few others...

You guys remembered this freaky letter I skit. Dr. Tooth, you were scared of that before, but new Sesame Street didn't show that anymore, so that means you're not seeing it anymore. I did not remember hearing the off-screen voice saying "I"! I think that this "I" film took place in the late '70's I read it on the Yesterdayland board. Do you guys know where this "I" film was filmed? I think that it was filmed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Detriot, Michigan or any other steel town. Do you agree? Make sure that you're right!

Mumu Talpaz

Reaction score
We all live in a Capital I

Speaking of I,

Just thought I would share that my wife and I both had that song in our heads for quite some time after catching it on SS a few weeks ago. Just beginning to recover...

mikealan

Reaction score
This reply has brought to you by the letter I...

Oh, yeah. You've kept the old SS cartoon tune called the "Capital I" song in your head...

Even though, I like listening to the "Capital I" song on MP3 on any Fridays after school or camp and before I eat dinner and go out to Hot Skates.

The "Capital I" song was great, but the "Red Hot Letter I" film was freaky!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Dr. Tooth and you few others...

Originally posted by mikealan
Do you guys know where this "I" film was filmed? I think that it was filmed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Detriot, Michigan or any other steel town. Do you agree? Make sure that you're right!
Of course! It was filmed in the deep firey bowles of He...... aw forget it!