Miami Mice

Cookie fan

Reaction score
There are probably only 2 Miami Mice skits posted on youtube but they are so funny! Does anyone know who did the voices for these characters, I think the characters were "J.P" and "Tito". I laughed so hard when I saw the Miami Mice skit with Ernie mistakingly pronouncing the spanish word "Cerrado" as "Ker-ay-doh":smile: Great parody of the Miami Vice TV show.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
They are very hillarious, very accurate spoof from Sesame Street, The Count also appeared in one sketch, the one with Ernie, Kermit, and The Count are the only three known so far, but they probablly made more.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
I also seem to remember they made an appearance on Sesame Street itself...not too sure if it had anything to do with the Count skit.

superboober

Reaction score
I loved them a lot. Of all the characters I never saw in the Live shows, I was most disappointed at the time that they weren't used. Of course, at the time I had no idea what they were spoofing with them. I'd say the sketch with Ernie was my favorite one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
They are very hillarious, very accurate spoof from Sesame Street, The Count also appeared in one sketch, the one with Ernie, Kermit, and The Count are the only three known so far, but they probablly made more.
I feel like I saw one sketch without Kermit or Ernie, but don't remember The Count being in it. I don't think it had any regular characters (that I was familair with). But I don't remember any details, so I could be wrong (I've only seen mention of three Miami Mice skits on this here message board, including the Count one, so either that is the other one I've seen, or nobody remembers any others).

JLG

Reaction score
I never even knew there were other Miami Mice episodes besides the Ernie one. In fact, as a kid I used to think it was stupid that there weren't. Weird! I don't know how I missed them, since I was watching at the right time to see them all (late '80s...)

From what you guys are saying, there were at least three of them. Were there more? Perhaps not....I can only think of three installments of Grover's "Camp Wanagohoma". (one of the Best. Titles. Ever. :big_grin: )

paulyw

Reaction score
I remember Miami Mice. FUnny skit on Sesame Street.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know when they stopped showing the Miami Mice skits on Sesame Street? Did they stop showing the skits when Miami Vice ended production? With the recent Miami Vice movie, regardless of how good or bad it was, it's a shame that Sesame Workshop didn't show any of the Miami Mice skits this season, even if just the Ernie one (hey, Sesame Workshop still shows 1980s Ernie skits, even if other 1980s Muppet skits are scarcely shown. Come on, SW! Show some 1980s skits with Cookie Monster, Grover, The Count, and Elmo!).

Were any of the Miami Mice skits shown on Noggin, as part of either Sesame Street Unpaved or 123 Sesame Street?