What's My Part audio releases

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The two What's My Part? sketches were both included in the album Somebody Come and Play. However, I was wondering if they are exactly the same audio.

In the nose sketch, there is a Bennet Snerf character who is a monster, performed by Jerry Nelson, while in the foot sketch, he is an anything muppet performed by Caroll Spinney. Were either characters dialogue rerecorded to match (so as not to confuse listeners)?

Also, was the punchline of the nose sketch changed? It seems like more of a visual gag, since Bennet Snerf and Arlene Frantic are not regular characters, and people who hadn't seen the sketch would probably not know that none of the contestants do not have noses (they would knwo Cookie Monster, but would they know the others?).

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Also, was the punchline of the nose sketch changed? It seems like more of a visual gag, since Bennet Snerf and Arlene Frantic are not regular characters, and people who hadn't seen the sketch would probably not know that none of the contestants do not have noses (they would knwo Cookie Monster, but would they know the others?).
If memory serves me correctly, the audio was the same and the same punchline was used. I seem to recall listening to it on the record and didn't quite get the joke, because I had never seen the televised version until recently on YouTube.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what the album compilers were smok---- errr, thinking when they chose to include the audio for that skit on an album.