Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's about time for a new script! Now, I hope the Big Cheese gives us a new movie.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Luke said:
i respect Greg's opinion but for what it's worth i don't think it will be 5-6 years before we see another Muppet film, but it does kinda depend on how all the TV stuff does.
Well first, Greg's article says "sources say that it will probably be 3-5 years until such creation would be ready for release". That does seems perfectly appropriate, as most films (especially ones with special effects – like the Muppets themselves) take around 3 years from when they are "green-lit" to when they are release… look at the Fraggle film or Power of the Dark Crystal, both of which will be about 3-4 years from when they were first announced until they are releases.
This particular script is probably just getting started and is just a germ of an idea, it could be a year or two (given Brian and Bill's other work interests) before the script even is even completed. So in regards to this particular script, I would not be surprised if we didn't see it (assuming Disney likes it) on the "big screen" until sometime between 2009 and 2012.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, 5-6 years seems a bit long. I think they can get something out sooner that that. They may have to wait til after the Fraggle Rock movie is finished though.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Huh. I find it very odd that both a new TV show and movie are in development and that the news of both reached us all within a few days of each other. A script being worked on is one thing--one wonderful thing--but I doubt Disney will want to greenlight a feature film without seeing how the TV audience responds to the miniseries, and that, also, is dependent upon THAT getting greenlighted... IDK. But awesome that Brian Henson is involved. I know a lot of people have reservations about him but I thought MCC and MTI were awesome and I'm glad if he's back in deep business with the Muppets.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Baretta really seems to be taking charge as of late. Good for him.

Sarah (I feel like I have multiple personality disorder). The articles doesn't say Disney have any initiative at the moment. Baretta and Henson are making the script for the studio. If the team can have a ready script and a plan, it will be a lot in their corner if Disney considers a movie.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Oh no, I get it, and it's definitely awesome, I just find it odd that they're writing a movie when they just filmed the presentation pilot. That's all.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Maybe Brian and Bill are just boy scouts and are 'Being Prepared' :big_grin:

Crazy-Animal

Reaction score
I think they should let some of the Sesame st Characters come on the show like they did in the original Muppet show. Ernie, Bert,Count Von Count, Cookie Monster, Elmo, Big Bird ect.

Luke

Reaction score
BradFraggle said:
Well first, Greg's article says "sources say that it will probably be 3-5 years until such creation would be ready for release".
Oh right, i must have read it wrong. Theatrical movies take that long, wouldn't suprise me if they have a TV movie or something developed a bit quicker than that though. I'm sure they'll have some big merchandising blitz promotion thing at some point and want some kind of movie thing to back it up. Not sure if this movie project would be around at that time, i think the main thing is that the next things they do TV wise with the Muppets goes down very well, and especially anything to do with any form of movie projects. If they ruin the next few years burning out the Muppets with projects that don't work and then shelve them before the good stuff arrives then it'll be a great shame. This Mockumentary pilot looks along the right lines though - i would think this or "Americas Next Muppet" both fit whats needed, obviously this is the better one if they are gonna relaunch TMS again on ABC.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
there is so much i could say about all of this. i will go in to a share with you all how i truly feel when all of this is settled in my little brain and i have had time to have a thought. I will say that this does seem to be good and that at least somone is wanting to keep the muppets alive. Never thought about Bill and Brian as writers though. Anyways im going to be late for work, and Wal-mart needs me. so kids be nice and dont yell and stuff to much. see yall tonight. "leave the light on for me"