Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think that not only Clifford should be brought back, but also Mulch, Leon, and Polly Lobster. I am surprised that Leon didn't become a lasting character after The Jim Henson Hour. I feel like he is more muppety than Clifford. And I think he is cooler.

pepestarr

Reaction score
I think the chances of Clifford being on the Muppet Mockumentary are quite slim, as Kenvin is busy with Sesame Street. Also in MWOO, he did provide the voice, but if I remember correctly did not puppeteer Clifford, so there for might have not been on the set. Same with IAVMMCM when he performed Sam the Eagle.

By the way this is a great new idea, and I really hope we get to see the end result!

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I think that not only Clifford should be brought back, but also Mulch, Leon, and Polly Lobster. I am surprised that Leon didn't become a lasting character after The Jim Henson Hour. I feel like he is more muppety than Clifford. And I think he is cooler.
I think Clifford was a great addition to the modern Muppets. You are saying he isn't as "Muppety" as Leon, but I think he's great just for that reason. He's different and not zany and crazy like everyone else. Along with Kermit, he's the cool one, the solid one. Maybe even more so than Kermit. It's important to have that and I'm sure he's easier to write for because of that fact.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Actually, at least for me, I find writing characters like that to be alot more difficult.

SarahOnBway said:
Oh no, I get it, and it's definitely awesome, I just find it odd that they're writing a movie when they just filmed the presentation pilot. That's all.
A while ago, Brian Henson was talking about how he wanted there to be more Muppet movies made. He thought the wait between the latest three Muppet films (Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space) was too long. So, perhaps they started work on it so there wouldn't be that kind of a wait between the mockumentary min-serie/television show, and the movie. After all, The Muppet Movie premiered while The Muppet Show was in it's third season.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
OoooOooooOoooh!! Brian/Bill writing a supposed new movie script, thats great. They could do a really great job.

Also, here are my ideas for the alternate jobs for the Muppets, ya'll can post yours too:

• Miss Piggy can work in a fast-food joint being the manager, with Andy & Randy pig aswell. I can see it right now as the camera man walks in she hogs the camera and calls her resturaunt "A'la Burger Resturante'," while Andy & Randy correct her. She leaves the two pigs to run the fast food joint.
  • Sam the Eagleas a bodygaurd for "Jerry Springer: New Zeland"
  • Johnny & Sal as entertainers at a nursing home.
  • Bean Bunny as a street rapper
  • The Electric Mayhem plays at the "Polkarama!" resturaunt/ slash night club.
  • Rowlf as a bartender
  • Rizzo the Rat and Gonzo the Great as plumbers (small reference to TMM)
  • Fozzie Bear as a writer for shortly lived shows
  • Robin is in high school (great way to get a new performer for him aswell)
  • Scooter the Goffer could be a billion-aire living on his Uncle's fortune.
These are just crazy nonsense ideas. But I wonder what Beauregard, Bunsen & Beaker, and some of the other characters would be doing aswell??

BEAR

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Actually, at least for me, I find writing characters like that to be alot more difficult.

You could be right. I just meant that he is one of the only true "straight men".

Crazy-Animal

Reaction score
I think bunsen and beaker should keep going with their science projects, and I also think the sweedish chef should have his own cooking show with other muppets helping him, they would get some funny skits out of that.

Skye

Reaction score
Wow, what cool news! Totally awesome! It'll be really interesting to see what comes out of all this! :excited:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Also, here are my ideas for the alternate jobs for the Muppets, ya'll can post yours too:

• Scooter the Goffer could be a billion-aire living on his Uncle's fortune.
Niiiiice!