Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Jonathan

Reaction score
Believe in the power of the frog...believe...and keep your eyes firmly closed as you are guided by the hand towards a sticky area of swamp-mud where you will dissapear and never be seen again, much like the Muppet Projects.

HA! That Just Made My Night

muppetperson

Reaction score
What are Muppet Mini Movies?
Muppet "Mini Movies"

It has been confirmed that Disney is getting ready to film a series of Muppet-centered interstitials (also being called "mini-movies") that are intended for airing on the Disney Channel. The films are being designed to introduce a new generation of fans to the Muppets characters and humor – while keeping the classic feeling and tone the Muppets are so well known for. The interstitials will star the Muppets, along an occasional cameos by some of the popular Disney Channel stars. These short films are expected to start airing later this year (with some "insiders" hinting at an "August" time-frame). No further details are available at this time, but I assure you that I will keep you updates as more information is released.

On a somewhat related note, Dave Goelz mentioned at yesterday's "Muppet, Music & Magic" event that there is a movie script for the Muppets in the works, along with a brand-new web-series "coming soon". No more information on these projects has been made public at this time, but I'll be sure to keep you updated as things develop.

Posted by Greg at 11:17 PM 4 comments

Thanks to muppet Newsflash.

muppetperson

Reaction score
It seems like all The Muppet news for the last 2 or 3 years, plays out like this

DISNEY: We are pleased to announce [INSERT COOL MUPPET PROJECT HERE]
MUPPET FANS: YaY! I Cant Wait

6 MONTHS LATTER
MUPPET FANS: YaY, I Still Cant Wait!

ONE YEAR LATTER:

MUPPET FANS: We Must Be Paticence, and Have Faith

OPEN YOUR EYES GUYS!:frown:
Please keep in mind that these projects take time to organise.They have to be written, filmed, editted and test marketed and then maybe tweaked and refilmed till it is right.

Marky

Reaction score
They've been pretty sparse choosing which Jim Henson-played characters to bring back. Link wasn't in my top-10, but he was pretty funny. He reminded me of Ted Knight in a messed-up way! LOL!