was Song of Ten really rare?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At The Sesame Street Lyrics Archive, in the page for The Baker films, it was said that the sketches for 1 and 10 were so rarely shown that whenever they were shown, it was like an event. And I am wondering, was 10 really rare? I know that the one segment was rarely shown. Muppet Wiki recently added pages for every epsidoe of the first season, and in that season, the one sketch appeared in just three episodes (of course, there could be ommissions made at Muppet Wiki). In fact, I don't remember seeing many season one pages that mentioned the ten segment, but I doubt that it was really rare.

I mean, it must have been commonly-seen enough for the ten indians to have been replaced. And it was included in a Sneak Peek Previews sketch from the 1980s. And it was included in Sesame Street Unpaved and The Street We Live On, as well as in a Noggin epsidoe.

Come to think of it, at Mupet Wiki, in the Number Song Series page, it was said that the 10 sketch was cut from the DVD release of The Street We Live On. Is this true? I haven't read anything at Muppet Central about it, though I've read of other edits.

superboober

Reaction score
#10 wasn't really that rare as I remembered it. It wasn't the most shown one to be sure, but it still had a fairly steady airing rate through to the end of the series' run--steady enough for me to memorize 10 chocolate layer cakes as the delicacies he dropped at the end back then when I was about 4. #1 was indeed rare on the other hand; I consider myself to have been a truly religious watcher at the time and I never once remember having seen it.

As I remember it (my peak watching the show was between 1984-1988, for people's reference, as I'm sure the frequency rate for the sketches varied somewhat over the years), they ran #4 and #9 the most, with #7 close behind. #2 was seen by me the least, with the other segments getting moderate amounts of airing.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The way I remembered, all of them were shown a great deal up untill the 80's.

paulyw

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
At The Sesame Street Lyrics Archive, in the page for The Baker films, it was said that the sketches for 1 and 10 were so rarely shown that whenever they were shown, it was like an event. And I am wondering, was 10 really rare? I know that the one segment was rarely shown. Muppet Wiki recently added pages for every epsidoe of the first season, and in that season, the one sketch appeared in just three episodes (of course, there could be ommissions made at Muppet Wiki). In fact, I don't remember seeing many season one pages that mentioned the ten segment, but I doubt that it was really rare.

I mean, it must have been commonly-seen enough for the ten indians to have been replaced. And it was included in a Sneak Peek Previews sketch from the 1980s. And it was included in Sesame Street Unpaved and The Street We Live On, as well as in a Noggin epsidoe.

Come to think of it, at Mupet Wiki, in the Number Song Series page, it was said that the 10 sketch was cut from the DVD release of The Street We Live On. Is this true? I haven't read anything at Muppet Central about it, though I've read of other edits.
Oh I miss that. they will have a certain number at the end the baker wil lfall down the steps and me a mess.