Dreams about Muppets...

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I could have sworn that I had a dream about Muppets or Fraggles a few nights back, but I don't remember it. Rats.

I remembered something about that last dream I had, the one about the ghosts singing "Just One Person." What made it really creepy was that Richard looked exactly the way he did at Jim's memorial. Same clothes, same hairdo, same everything.

misspiggytoo

Reaction score
I remember a dream I had when I was 5 yrs old. Well it's not really a dream but more of a nightmare. I used to have the original Sesame Street album. I would listen to it alot. There was one particular part on the album I don't know if it was the music or what that triggered the nightmare. But I remember I was with Grover. There was a storm outside. The blue guy that always complains on Grovers sketches came in and told us we had to go outside. I was scared becuause of the Lightening. I remember that the Blue guy was mean to both Grover and I. But that is all I remember of the dream.

spcglider

Reaction score
I discussed Muppet dreams with Jerry Juhl on one occasion. He admitted to me that he, too, would have dreams about Jim and the Muppets from time to time. The impetus behind the conversation was a dream I had about being at an audition with Jim (this never really happened) and, like those dreams you have about attending school but suddenly realizing you don't have your homework assignment to hand in, I realized that I had brought no puppet with which to conduct MY audition. So the "dream Jim", living up to my unconscious expectations of him, reached into his bag and pulled out Kermit. He handed him to me and said, "Okay, get to work." The dream trailed off from that point, becoming indistinct in detail.

I talked to Jerry about it. More in the hope that it wasn't a product of my subconscious ID being all egotistical and trying to assert that I should be operating Kermit. I like to think that I'm not THAT egotistically petty! :smile:

But Jerry said, were the situation as I described it, Jim probably would have fished out a puppet (whatever one was handy) just to make sure that I had a fair chance to perform for the audition. Since Kermit is so closely related to Jim in my mind, that's the one my brain used in the "story".

We agreed, after that conversation, to keep each other informed about such dreams... just for the fun of it. There were a few others, but nothing too intense.

-Gordon

Timotheus

Reaction score
Ok, I saw this thread and thought to post one I had, even though I haven't even been on here in ages. (BUMP!)
I don't remember anything else of the dream, but, Kermit the Frog was in this PSA with a bunch of these comedian guys, and kermit was behind this wall (one of those where you can't see his bottom half), and one of them (my brain is telling me it was Andy Dick) told him that he needed to get some different pants on, because he had been wearin the ones he was wearing for like, three weeks...and it was strange because (1) Kermit normally doesn't wear pants, and (2) you could not see his pants if he was wearing any. After that, they all walked off screen, with Kermit walking off last.

spcglider

Reaction score
Hmmm..and that would be a PSA encouraging....ummmm.... hygenic clothing habits? LOL!!!

hee.

-Gordon

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I had an interesting dream a few nights ago. It looks like it might have been influenced by the Cleo Laine episode of the Muppet Show, 'cause it does seem a little similar.

In the foreground, on the set of a late 80s-early 90s edition of The Muppet Show, there is a girl or a young woman sitting in a dimly lit set made to look like a toy castle, and she's singing the 1989 song "Toy Soldiers," by Martika. In the background, a group of hidden, black-clad puppeteers are using small mechanical puppets to act out "The Steadfast Tin Soldier," by Hans Christian Andersen. And as I recall, Richard Hunt and Kathy Mullen were playing the parts of the soldier and the dancer, respectively.

Toward the end, Richard and Kathy both have their puppets rise up and disappear from the set; the soldier melts down into a red-and-blue marbled heart, and the silvery rose that had been hanging around the dancer's neck is now firmly attached to it, the way it happens in the story. On the closing notes of the song, the heart somehow rises up and lands in the singer's hands.

I just thought that was really cool, something that the gang might have wanted to do.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one I had last night. Before I start, let me say that though somewhat visually challenged in the real waking world, I happen to have perfect sight in my dream world.

The dream started with four Muppets walking down the yellow brick road in Oz form. I know Piggy was Dorothy, with two others at her side, and Kermit was clunking behind the group of three walking ahead of him. Then, Kermit turns around to talk to Scooter on the telephone, a call that came in from the MBH. Scooter got into an argument with Gonzo, leaving the phone unattended... Robin comes in and talks to his uncle, surprised at the young frog's arrival. Robin says that because it's getting near to Winter Break, he's staying with his momm, and he got out from school early that day.

The scene then shifts to myself, though I don't show up on screen cause I'm watching everything through my own viewpoint of course... Well, I get to one of the house's windows and see this wall outside. On the wall, ritten in thin but legible black letters are the names "Jim" and "Richard". I know I heard a sort of soft male voice singing a song, I think it was maybe Richard's voice but I don't remember the song itself.

That was all before I sort of woke up.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Had two Muppet-related dreams last night.

The first one, I was sort of in this cruise ship's under-deck hold that had filled up with a couple of inches of water so I was sort of comfortably floating/sitting in the pool-like area. There were letters floating across through and at times falling down around me. The goal was that I had to collect one of each letter, and at around the time I was at G-J, this girl came in as a sort of ally against the conspiring captains of the ship. The point is, that there were also items starting with each letter. The J's were dominated by jackals, which of course scared me... Then I conjured up some jaguars, but that was no good... Followed by a storm of jellybeans, which I don't particularly like Then I called out for K, kittens to help calm things. And of course, K brought the appearance of Kermit and at least Fozzie too, with a bit of a song and dance before disappearing.
That dream then went in another direction but didn't rully end as it merged into other dreams.

The second dream was rully much more Muppety, more on that in another post later today.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had a dream recently where it was my birthday and I got quite a few Muppet items, including video copies of Billy Buny's Animal Songs and Tale of the Bunny Picnic, as well as Palisades-quality action figures of Junior Gorg and Marjourie the Trash Heap, and also a Gorgs Garden playset.

Last night I had a dream where I was rearranging my room, and mostly spent time dealing with putting mu Muppet action figures places.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here's a dream i had a few nights ago. I was at an airport and Kevin Clash was doing stuff with Elmo. But none of this was being filmed. Elmo was riding the escaltor up but sitting down talking to a kid who was also sitting down too. Don't know how they did this stunt but after Elmo rode up it Kevin came out from under the moving stairs and walked away with Elmo still on his hand. As he was walking off he passed a couple kids and did a little thing with Elmo. Talked them and stuff and left after that. It was one of those dreams where you see yourself in the dream but your dreaming it. Weird filling. Sad and mad part about it was i didn't get to ever meet him in my dream.