Pinball Question

Princeton

Reaction score
I read on Wikipedia (not Muppet Wiki) that the singing on the pinball segments was done by the Pointer Sisters. Is this true?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yes, it is. The Sesame Street Unpaved special credited The Pointer Sisters as the singers, and the album Songs From the Street credits them.

Princeton

Reaction score
All right, thank you, Minor. I dunno, I just thought it sounded a little far-fetched, the idea of a big sister act singing about numbers for an educational kiddie show. If I was a big star, I'd feel like my talent was being wasted on people (well, little kids really aren't people until they're at least 10) who have no understanding of anything not related to either dinosaurs or juice. Speaking of dinosaurs, why are little kids so fascinated with dinosaurs? They're extinct. People living in 2007 don't have to worry about them. Plus, realistically, if dinosaurs were still roaming the universe, trust me, kids would NOT wanna be around them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Princeton said:
All right, thank you, Minor. I dunno, I just thought it sounded a little far-fetched, the idea of a big sister act singing about numbers for an educational kiddie show. If I was a big star, I'd feel like my talent was being wasted on people (well, little kids really aren't people until they're at least 10) who have no understanding of anything not related to either dinosaurs or juice.
Well, as far fetched as it sounds, you have got to realize that Sesame Street has had a large number of celebrity guests on the show over the years. I think this is to get the parents of the kids interested in watching the show with them. But a lot of celebrities have appeared on the show, most of whom appeal to adults but aren't known to kids.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
The Pointer Sisters also made a few appearances and performed on Sesame Street prior to the pinball song.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Princeton said:
All right, thank you, Minor. I dunno, I just thought it sounded a little far-fetched, the idea of a big sister act singing about numbers for an educational kiddie show. If I was a big star, I'd feel like my talent was being wasted on people (well, little kids really aren't people until they're at least 10) who have no understanding of anything not related to either dinosaurs or juice. Speaking of dinosaurs, why are little kids so fascinated with dinosaurs? They're extinct. People living in 2007 don't have to worry about them. Plus, realistically, if dinosaurs were still roaming the universe, trust me, kids would NOT wanna be around them.
Think you're being a bit narrow minded.