Secular movies with religious undertones

Princeton

Reaction score
I can think of two, but surely there's more out there:

*Cool Hand Luke- Luke is a very Christ-like character. I mean, he dies in a church (sorry if I just spoiled the movie :stick_out_tongue: ) and he has fellow prisoners "feeding off him", as he would say.
*Ghostbusters- There's the great scene where Ray and Winston are crossing the bridge and they discuss Judgement Day.

Does anyone know of any others, off hand?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

I mean, come on! Anakin Skywalker has no fleshly father!!! :stick_out_tongue:

Star Wars is what would have happened had Jesus gone with the devil. And I'm probably going to hear alot about that comment, so I will now go on record as saying this is nothing more than a joke... or is it? ... it is... maybe.

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing,super scooter.well,maybe its because we are both JWS

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Lord of the Rings books (and to a certain extent the films) are known for having Christian themes (JRR was Catholic). A lot of people don't realize it, they are very subtle and sophistication, not all in your face and obvious. Frodo effectively sacrifices his life by carrying the ring (representing evil and sin), in order to save his people.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
This isn't a movie but in an episode of "X-Men: The Animated Series" Night Crawler tells Wolverine about God, and at the end of the episode Wolverine is seen at a church reading verses from the Bible.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction.

Saw it on TV a while ago, and Sam Jackson's character is always quoting the Bible.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
The Chronicles of Narnia.

Oh, and I've heard OH SO MANY accounts on how E.T. is Jesus. Still can't get the whole thing straight but he IS resurrected (and he appears with the red heart--almost like the SACRED heart--and standing in robes) and "ascends home"... My high school English teacher told us once how someone he went to school with wrote their thesis on this.