Hoggle & Goblin Figures In New Magazine

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey there,
I went to my local Barnes & Noble, today, and as I checked the new action figure/collectible magazines, I noticed it said there was info on upcoming NECA product including Pee Wee's Playhouse and LABYRINTH! I figured it'd be nothing new, having seen the Jareth pics before, figuring it way maybe more new specific information about the figure and his release date, but lo and behold, there he was, STANDING NEXT TO HOGGLE! He looks amazingly accurate, and I hope he has enough points of articulation. In addition, there were, by my count, six individually sculpted goblins.

I figured maybe we'd get Jareth and Hoggle, and maybe a separate two-pack of goblins. There were SIX! All of them specific, from the movie, some were named. I sure hope the NECA sculptors own The Goblin Companion, if not access to more reference material from the film. I really want a Roem Baba, the bigger guy who they all shut up in the beginning, and also goes, during the battle "I just fired you!". This could be a line all its own, and I really hope Ludo and Didymus, with Ambrosius steed, are not far behind. This is a total dream come true, combining two of my favorite things in this world. If only they could score Connelly's image and merchandising rights.

-Squigiman

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Can anyone get some scans from the magazine up for us all to drool over?

Squigiman

Reaction score
Well, after searching the 'net, surprisingly to no avail, I went out and picked up the issue, which happens to be Lee's Toy Review, since I was initially unsure in my post whether it was Lee's or Tomart's, and I figured I'd share with the fan community. You can check out the pics, posted here:
http://www.zachwoliner.com/index.html#NECA Labyrinth figs

Please make note of the message under the pics about due credit. Hope you enjoy, and thanks for listening.

-Squigiman

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hoggle looks fantastic!! Thanks for scanning that. Cool that we have more Muppety figures to look forward to.

:excited:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Neca have stated that there is a mix up in information circulating about these figures.Gareth was expensive to produce so wont have Hoggle as I understand it, meaning there is only one Gareth figure and Hoggle will come out seperately.I think the mix up started when it said that Hoggle was coming out to accompany Jareth.Retailers obviously thought that meant packaged together, which must have meant another Jareth figure, but it comes down to the old slogan "sold separately".

Laszlo

Reaction score
Those look awesome! Hoggle's pose could be better but still an awesome piece!

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah I agree about the pose. The sculpt if very good. But I don't think it's as good as yours.

Squigiman

Reaction score
I do hope they allow for enough posability/articulation. I think they are at least a little better than McFarlane in incorporating both amazing likeness sculpts and points of articulation. The article about wanting a comprehensive Harry Potter line really got me excited, thinking of the scope of a Star Wars, with all the incidental characters and variations, from movie to movie. Hopefully, they'd realize the appeal of Labyrinth, by us buying them in mass quantities, and really incorporate all sorts of goblins and other stuff. A build-a-figure (very popular concept, these days) of Humongous would totally rock, as would Ludo and Didymus with Ambrosius, who he could be fine, on or off, as well as a Sarah with worm pack-in. She'd be simple, with only one real outfit, and maybe a variant in the ballroom dress.

-Squigiman