"Dont Hold Me Up" Video

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! My lifelong dilemma has been solved! I'm freeeeeee!!

(Am I being too dramatic?)

Nick

Reaction score
That was supposed to say did not sis! Musta been a phantom typo! lol!

pjspuppets

Reaction score
puppetry class?

Nick, what kind of puppetry class are you taking?

Pat

Nick

Reaction score
pjspuppets said:
Nick, what kind of puppetry class are you taking?

Pat
I go to The university of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and this semester they added a puppetry class to the Theatre BA track. It is really a general course taught by Kurt Hartwig (who is a puppeteer and artist).

We cover the beginings of puppetry and just a general overview. We have to do one paper, which consists of research on a project, then we have to do a second paper which is more in depth of the first one, next is a form of mock up... either drawing or 3 dimension and then finally either a full made puppet, or an 8-10 page paper.... 99% of the class opted for making a puppet! :excited:

I used to make puppets and do shows as a kid, then when I was around 19 or so I was given a reality check and told I needed to get a job or go to school etc. I opted for the job route... and basically the puppets got put on hold. Now, a dozen or so years later, after working and touring with 3 Broadway shows, I am back in school. I thirtysomething sophomore! WOOHOO! So I saw this class offered and took it... Before school even started, I saw a show where the person was a puppeteer and she was asked why she chose puppetry, her response was "It chose her", well... it looks as if the puppets have come to haunt me, because I have been chosen.

I am now considering a transfer to UConn in a year, once all my GER credits are complete, mainly so that I can focus on the BFA in puppetry... all this depends of course, on my applying and getting accepted. So now, I will look for some place to get some practical work over the next year, and I will be making puppets, puppets and more puppets in my spare time, just to get the experience. And with all the tips from MC and input of the masters here on the boards, I have no doubt that I will be sweeping foam up in a workshop someplace in the near future! :smile:

(please don't think that smug... I am very sarcastic, and I know that anyplace I start, I will be starting near the bottom... I don't expect to be hired and then be performing starring roles in my first show!) :wink:

pjspuppets

Reaction score
puppet class

Nick,

That's so cool! Good luck to you and have fun! (especially with that foam-sweeping :smile:

Pat