Cosby Show ep. "Cliff's Nightmare" this weekend...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I heard the episode itself wasn't a favorite among viewers of the Cosby Show back in the day.
Really? That surprises me, I remember seeing it then and loved it!

*When Cliff has to do an operation and Gonzo and Digit appear, I think Dr. Bob (aka Rowlf), Piggy, and Janice should have been there instead of Gonzo and Digit as a reference to the Muppet Show Veterinarian Hospital sketches.
Yeah I would have liked that better too, but I guess they were advertising The Jim Henson Hour.

Java

Reaction score
I don't remember it being a huge hit. I know I watched it as it aired the first time, but as I grew up I never saw it repeated until I was married and on my own so I thought I had made the whole idea up the Henson puppets being on the show.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I heard the episode itself wasn't a favorite among viewers of the Cosby Show back in the day.

*When Cliff has to do an operation and Gonzo and Digit appear, I think Dr. Bob (aka Rowlf), Piggy, and Janice should have been there instead of Gonzo and Digit as a reference to the Muppet Show Veterinarian Hospital sketches.

Well, that would have been nice, but I think Jim Henson and Frank Oz were absent from this project. I'm not quite sure what the story was there. They probably had other obligations at the time.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't think so. I noticed Nick and Nite makes quite a few edits. I copied it from N@N years ago and I'm still trying to figure out what all I'm missing.
Well most of the Muppet parts are in tact so that is a good things. I can tell you that most of the stuff that has been edited is mostly non Muppet stuff.

There is a scene with Digit taken out, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoWkpP9MoaA

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
My siblings and I still say, "We want surgery! We want surgery!" to each other on occaision. :big_grin: