I Did It!!

Nick

Reaction score
:excited: :big_grin: :excited:

OK... so, I got my first pattern from projectpuppet.com... as I said in another thread. It was the Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern.

Well, I made my first one tonight... it took me like 2 hours! It is sooooo cute! I can't wait to take a pic an upload someplace so ya'll can see it. I wanted to make it just as the pattern suggested, which I did. But, I think I will have to go to Kinko's tomorrow and enlarge the pattern about 5%... it is just a tad small for my hand, and the head is quite snug. I will also need to add another 3-4 inches at the bottom... I guess I have man hands... Oh wait... I am a man.

Well, I can't say enough, how wonderful puppetproject.com patterns are, and this is only my first one! I am looking forward to getting them all... I have a feeling I am going to be there next spokes-puppeteer! I may even make a PP Spokespuppet!

Nick

Reaction score
Thanks! Muchas Gracias, Grazie, Danke!

I also spent a small fortune on supplies today, and I will be making a ton more lol! I am just giddy with excitement! I feel like I am 5 yrs old again! Weee!:rolleyes:

Teenager's

Reaction score
well that's good......Lets see some pics!.....photobucket & flickr are good places...

Nick

Reaction score
I will have to see if I can get my digi cam to work with this old dino of a desktop. My laptop is fried... I am so lost without it!

Well, it is far from perfect... I noticed you can see some of my stitching, and I forgot to buy pink felt for the tongue. the eyes came out pretty good for my forst time working with pingpong balls, but I had a heck of a time affixing them... and after burning my fingers with hot glue, I made it work. Next time I will have to put something underneath to give them strength.

But he is cute! I just need to find a preemie wife beater T-shirt to complete him! I may have to have one of my costumer friends make one up for me... and then Vinnie will be complete! :smile: