What's your favorite Bert & Earnie Sketch?

anytimepally

Reaction score
you know, I think I have 2 favorites.. one from the old days and one more recent

• The one where Ernie's carrying glasses outside, and Bert's wondering what's going on, but Ernie's too busy to answer him, so the whole place floods
  • The song "Things That I Remember"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My favorite Ernie and Bert sketch would be the one where Bert says he's too cold so Ernie as usual goes overboard by putting layer after layer of clothing on him,which makes Bert too hot so Ernie opens the window and brings in his electric fan.

Kiki

Reaction score
My fave Ernie and bert sketches (in no particular order):

1. When Ernie and Bert are watching fish in a tank;
  2. when Ernie and Bert are going to sleep but Ernie keeps on going 'Boy am I thirsty. BOY am I thirsty!' so Bert gets him a glass of water;
  3. When the two of them are playing 'Follow That Arrow' ("This is better than washing socks!")
  4. An early sketch, where Ernie goes "Now lets see. We have two eyes, two ears, no noses..." and then Bert says "Hey you ding-a-ling you've only got ONE nose!" and Ernie takes Bert's nose and puts it on his!
  5. When bert is playing checkers with his pigeon;
  6. 'The national Association Of 'W' Lovers'. 'Nuff said!
  7. When Bert sings 'Here, in the middle of imagination' to help Ernie get to sleep;
  8. A very brief one, on SS Old School, after a sketch about the number 2 Ernie's crying cause he thinks it's so beautiful and then Bert tells him that next sketch with be about the letter E and Ernie starts crying *again* cause it's his fave letter!
I think that's all my favorites. If I can think of anymore I'll post 'em. :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Ooh! Oh yeah, how could I forget?? The sketch where Enie and Bert are at the movies! Hahahahaha!! Classic.

squirrelboy

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
In response to your question about the sheep taking Bert out of the apartment, It was just to be funny.

Why is that so hard to understand?
First of all, I am "new" to this forum, so take it easy, OK?

Second of all, that's supposed to both Bert & Ernie's apartment. Besides, when I was younger, I thought that sketch was showing how to throw someone out. That made me sad when I was younger, because I never saw Ernie's weird side. Besides, I remember seeing a lot of sketches where Ernie would get in Bert's face and try to "downsize him". He's changed now, but back then Ernie just wanted his share of attention. You may see it differently, but that's just my opinion.

I am sorry if what I said hurt anyone, but it is the truth - hands down.

Now that I think of it - I too also have a newbie Bert & Ernie sketch I found intersting - it's a song between Ernie & Natasha singing about emotions. I believe it was called: "Laughing when I am happy". It's really neat.

squirrelboy

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Uh cool it. Just because someone asks such a question doesn't mean one's being harsh and most people would of figured that the sheep taking Bert outside was just a joke. If you didn't like that part, fine. You're entitled to how you feel about it.

squirrelboy

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Uh cool it. Just because someone asks such a question doesn't mean one's being harsh and most people would of figured that the sheep taking Bert outside was just a joke. If you didn't like that part, fine. You're entitled to how you feel about it.
I think we all need to "cool it".

I know I am new around here, so again - I apoligize. But I do want to say thank you for what you said, it inspires me inside, I've always liked Bert & Ernie, they to me are a comedy duo with different thoughts and emotions. Sometimes I understand, sometimes not.

A good example is Bert's purple hand - that for me is an "interesting episode", because I didn't understand what that meant at that time. And I still don't.

But I will be honest with you the whole reason "why" I came here was actually more of a quest and to make new friends that remember the Classic Sesame Street too. We'll anyway, I found this site while searching for the #1 sketch for the falling baker. Which I never got to see. Another site has all the others, but the original one - isn't there, I wish it was. It was called youtube or something like that.

Thanks for your consideration.
squirrelboy

pagesidehigh

Reaction score
when they do the laundry or when the count spends the night and keeps ernie up allll night ( remember his pupils hahahhaa )