Muppet Treasure Island: Buried Treasure

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering I swore I posted something on this thread and apparently didn't, here's what I'm gonna say... out of all the Muppet book projects, this was the best one, and the only one that truly felt Muppet fun. MCC was a fine film, but the Muppets seemed like they were the guests and Michael Cain (great actor as he is) was the star. Oz was just completely off, trying to be too many things it wasn't, trying to catch too many focus groups it didn't.

But MTI... dispite the fact Fozzie and Kermit aren't big characters in the film, and Gonzo and Rizzo's roles almost seemed added in... and Piggy was intentionally just added in (not one of her best roles), it really had the same wacky flying chickens and talking vegetables type stuff that is synonymous with the Muppets. The pirate crew characters are some of the best looking muppets I've seen in years... and it's a real shame that Clueless Morgan and Polly Lobster never really became part of the group (unless you lived in the UK and saw their unedited Muppets Tonight). And Tim Curry? Dude's pure gold. I really wish he'd do more Muppet stuff. Even if it's just a voice over, like the fur coat in Dinosaurs he played.

And let's not forget the self aware Rats treating the film like a pleasure cruise, even sight seeing where they shot the film during the film. All that stuff really made it leaps and bounds over MCC, and unattainably better than MOZ.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite Muppet movies, I love it. To this day I like to say, "Off to Zanzibar to meet the Zanzi-barbians!" ;D Plus it's got the Gonzo-Rizzo team, what could go wrong?

Kiki

Reaction score
Considering I swore I posted something on this thread and apparently didn't, here's what I'm gonna say... out of all the Muppet book projects, this was the best one, and the only one that truly felt Muppet fun. MCC was a fine film, but the Muppets seemed like they were the guests and Michael Cain (great actor as he is) was the star. Oz was just completely off, trying to be too many things it wasn't, trying to catch too many focus groups it didn't.

But MTI... dispite the fact Fozzie and Kermit aren't big characters in the film, and Gonzo and Rizzo's roles almost seemed added in... and Piggy was intentionally just added in (not one of her best roles), it really had the same wacky flying chickens and talking vegetables type stuff that is synonymous with the Muppets. The pirate crew characters are some of the best looking muppets I've seen in years... and it's a real shame that Clueless Morgan and Polly Lobster never really became part of the group (unless you lived in the UK and saw their unedited Muppets Tonight). And Tim Curry? Dude's pure gold. I really wish he'd do more Muppet stuff. Even if it's just a voice over, like the fur coat in Dinosaurs he played.

And let's not forget the self aware Rats treating the film like a pleasure cruise, even sight seeing where they shot the film during the film. All that stuff really made it leaps and bounds over MCC, and unattainably better than MOZ.
I TOTALLY agree with you. Hear, hear! =D

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Considering that MTI was the first Muppet movie I can remember seeing in my childhood, it's even better to watch, now that I'm old enough to understand all of the jokes. There's too much about this that I adore: the music ("big blue wet thing!" :excited: ), the pirate characters (including, but not limited to, Blind Pew, One-Eyed Jack, and... *points at username*), Sam the Eagle (I thought he was cool. :attitude: ), and much, much more!

I definitely recommend it, whether they're Muppet fans or not! ^_^

~ Morgan "Clueless" Goat

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This movie was also the first time we ever saw Sam's talons, isn't it?