Broken Arm plots

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A clip of Luis with his broken arm appears in Sesame Street's All-Star 25th Birtdhay: Stars and Streets Forever. The clip shows him trying to get a shirt on, and appears in a montage of clips involving problem solving.

Katzi428

Reaction score
This wasn't necessarily a plot. But I remember there was a short film(not a cartoon) on SS about a girl named Megan who was at the doctor because she broke her wrist after she fell off her bike. So they showed her getting her wrist getting X rayed & the cast being put on. They showed her playing tennis (it looked like tennis) w/the cast on. Then they showed the doctor taking the cast off Megan's wrist. The final shot was Megan swimming (since she was told she couldn't swim w/the cast on)

Anyone that used to watch SS in the '70s remember this?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This wasn't necessarily a plot. But I remember there was a short film(not a cartoon) on SS about a girl named Megan who was at the doctor because she broke her wrist after she fell off her bike. So they showed her getting her wrist getting X rayed & the cast being put on. They showed her playing tennis (it looked like tennis) w/the cast on. Then they showed the doctor taking the cast off Megan's wrist. The final shot was Megan swimming (since she was told she couldn't swim w/the cast on)

Anyone that used to watch SS in the '70s remember this?
I was just thinking about this film recently. All I could remember was the girl getting her cast off and going swimming. And I was born in 1984, which means it was shown at least as late as the 1980s (though I'm thinking I saw it in the early 1990s but can't remember for sure). Either that or they made a similar film later on.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this film recently. All I could remember was the girl getting her cast off and going swimming. And I was born in 1984, which means it was shown at least as late as the 1980s (though I'm thinking I saw it in the early 1990s but can't remember for sure). Either that or they made a similar film later on.
It might have been in the 80s & I saw it with my younger brother & sister.I just remember the film;that's all. I was trying to find it on You Tube. No luck.

sasimon2135

Reaction score
I remember Megan. Her clip actually appeared in Episode 2604, in 1989. I believe that just after it came the poem about thumbs that I am trying to find the lines to.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
It was on in the '90s because I remember it from when I was little and I don't really remember anything from Sesame prior to about 1993.

Reaction score
Maybe this thread ought to be named "Injured Arm plots" since most of these plots have sprained more than broken arms. I remember when Mr. Hooper slipped on the oil slick c.1978. I remember just before, they put both a DANGER and a PELIGRO sign, the latter for an unseen neighbor who could only speak and read Spanish. How could Mr. Hooper still have slipped after putting up those signs? Can anyone recall? I also remember a doctor showing Big Bird a couple of X-Rays from previous patients, one was broken, the other sprained. They also played the "Meagan" film in that episode. On their way out of the hospital, they met a girl who fell of her bike. Could that have been Meagan?

Over a decade later, it was Barkley who injured one of his legs, but was just sprained. I remember Bob signing to Linda, Barkley's owner, "It's not broken".