Should I or should I not? Please Respond!

WemblinKate

Reaction score
First of all, I posted this as a different title and nobody freakin' responded. And for most threads I wouldn't mind, but this one I need an opinion on, especially from here. Ok, my high school's musical this winter is Cabaret and I need to decide whether or not I should audition. Here's a big reason why I wouldn't and why I would let you all know about it, the show might be the same weekend as MuppetFest 2003. I'm pretty involved in theater in my high school and I always do the Winter and Summer musicals at my school. I plan on majoring in Musical Theater the only thing is I've only had a lead role once, and that was this summer. Let me list the Pros and Cons here so you can see where all of this stands.

Cons
A very small number of my friends are auditioning, because they feel we will do a horrible rendition of this beautiful show since it should not be done at a high school and I partially agree with them
If MuppetFest is going to be the first weekend of March then I can't go to MuppetFest because that's the weekend of the performance and I couldn't go last year because my mom wasn't too keen on sending me all the way to California, but she'll let me go this year if it's in New York.

Pros
I have a really good shot at getting a lead role since I'm one of the few talented upperclassman auditioning, if I audition.

So yeah, right now the Cons are really strong. I guess it all goes on my priorities and what's important to me and blah blah blah. But if you were me what would you do? And the auditions aren't until like early December. Do you think we'll know more about MuppetFest then? Thanks for your response.

-Wemblin' Kate

Luke

Reaction score
There isn't much chance of Muppetfest happening next March anymore - i heard it was an EMTV thing and to do with the sale. There might be a chance of a Fest happening at some point next year but it depends if the new owners agree and that will depend if they look at it as a financial thing or a promotional thing. If they were to take control of the company in December it's unlikley they'd hold a Fest in March as there wouldn't be enough time to promote it properly yet alone the impossibility of booking a decent venue.

I would definitely go audition !

Rugbylass

Reaction score
Yeah- go for the Audition! It's a shame that MuppetFest might not be happening next March though :frown:
"Cabaret" is a fabulous show- what part will you go for?

radionate

Reaction score
Don't pass up this show for Muppetfest, since Luke is correct, and odds are there wont be one this year.

Even if the show doesn't go off well, its still a great learning experience. Bad shows are really great lessons to learn what went wrong (even if you were fabulous, which I have no doubt you will be). Jump into this show if you have a chance. Great music and incredible dancing, if they go that route.

Who are you hoping to go up for? Sally maybe?

Natalie

Reaction score
Definitely go for the show. Speaking from a fellow actress (and high school student), this sounds a little more important than MuppetFest anyway. Besides, even if MuppetFest did happen in March and you missed it because of the show, there'll always be more you can go to in the future. This could be your best role ever and you wouldn't want to miss that chance, especially since this is what you are planning to do as a major. Also, a side comment: I recently saw "Cabaret" on Broadway, it was awesome, but Molly Ringwald was really rude afterwards when people were trying to get autographs, oh well.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Pick the Cabaret. It'll be a growing experience you'll never forget. Esp. if the Muppetfest is only a possibility.

Have a great time in Cabaret!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Muppetfest in March isn't even a possibility afaik. So did Wemblin Kate make her decision, come back to read this, embark on a two month mission to clim mount everest ? This is all high drama with no resoultion !