RIP Brad Delp

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I just read on MSN that Brad Delp, the singer with the amazing voice from the 70's powerhouse group "Boston" died Friday at the age of 55.

Brad was also, if I am remembering correctly, in a group in the early 90's called "RTZ", but maybe that was someone that just sounded a lot like him.

I know there are a lot of classic rock fans on the board, so I thought I'd post it.

Skye

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this! I thought about posting it, too. I'm really sad about this one. I love Boston, and Brad was such an incredible singer, not to mention (from what I've read about him), a really great guy. And he was so young, too. It's so sad. I know I'll really miss him.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I just read that Brad's death has been determined a suicide.

Since everyone that spoke of him seemed to think he was a great, down-to-earth kind of guy, I hope that people see that not everything is always perfect in people's lives, and they SHOULD GET HELP IF THEY NEED IT.

This is like Richard Jeni's recent passing, and reminds me of Ray Combs' suicide as well....fun, laughing, caring people...they just needed help that they didn't get.

***Let's make sure we are asking the right questions of our loved ones. ***

Also, if anyone reading this has not heard the first three Boston albums (Boston, 1976; Don't Look Back, 1978; Third Stage, 1986) then please make a point of it. They're great moments in pop history. If you are familiar with the work, go back and enjoy it again.

Skye

Reaction score
I was surprised and I got a little sad when I learned about that cause of death last night. It's just so... sad is the only word I can come up with. And he was supposed to get married later this year, too. You're absolutely right, Smy Guiley, we should always try to ask the right questions of our loved ones, try to know for sure what they might be feeling and be there for them if they need us, and we should always appreciate our loved ones so much and show them that everyday. Depending on the person, sometimes things like that can make a huge difference.

Those are some really great albums, Smy Guiley, with some of their most amazing hits. "Don't Look Back" and "Feelin' Satisfied" have always been two of my favorite, favorite, favorite songs of theirs. Anyway, RIP Brad. We'll miss you.