Who remembers these?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've got Fiddler #6 uploaded on YouTube, myself...so we've got most of those clips between us.

ridgeway

Reaction score
Does anyone remember....

Does anyone remember the classic live action skit where the african american child found a kitten and fed it milk and tuna fish? Can this be found anywhere?

Dave:smile:

paulyw

Reaction score
Ok,I'm going back quite a ways here.But lets see who remembers these.Do you remember the singing orange(song was from the opera Carmen)? Who remembers the 'Ladybugs picnic'? How about this...cartoon man playing a fiddle-'1,2,3,4-excuse me folks theres a knock at the door.1,2,3,4-four big lions just walked through my door.1,2,3,4-four big lions just just began to roar.Excuse me folks,I'm going to the store.I'll be gone for a week,maybe more.'

How about the dots(they were yellow)that came on screen and counted to 30? Do you remember when one of them got sick and was replaced by a mother dot and a smaller child sized dot? Remember how the child would sing
under his breath and the mother would hush him? The last part was;the dots
came out,counted to 30,and the chlid stayed quiet until the end when he asked his mother,'I did ok that time,huh?' She turns and kisses him.

I have a few more you might remember,but I have to get going now. See you later.
patybear

I remember quite a bit of the stuff you mentioned! I paricularly like the dots.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
a little dirt on the dots

Those clips featuring the 30 yellow dots found in episode 1 were the brainstorm of one Clark "Corky" Gessner. In 1968, Gessner, along with Jon Stone, Sam Gibbon, Jeff Moss, and Dave Connell all left the crew of Captain Kangaroo to join the fledgling Children's Television Workshop. Gessner made several films, but were considered by the workshop to be too abstract for the format of Sesame Street, so the dot clips were the only ones that they ended up using.

Gessner also got to contribute the film about signs "In, Stop, Park, etc.) to the Electric Company.

My personal favorite of the dot films was the last one shown in Ep. 1. Where the 30 dots appear on screen at lightning speed, and then one turns red. the dot on the bottom comes all the way up and blows him a raspberry ("PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT!!!!!!!). After nearly 40 years, I finally discovered the significance of this clip:

The empty blue field is your town. In rapid succession 30 Wal-Marts pop up around you (sound familiar?!). Big fanfare at the end. Total market domination! Except one store changes into a Target. The ghost of Sam Walton shows up and gives his disapproval "PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT!!!!"

The end.:smirk:

anytimepally

Reaction score
My personal favorite of the dot films was the last one shown in Ep. 1. Where the 30 dots appear on screen at lightning speed, and then one turns red. the dot on the bottom comes all the way up and blows him a raspberry ("PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT!!!!!!!). After nearly 40 years, I finally discovered the significance of this clip:

The empty blue field is your town. In rapid succession 30 Wal-Marts pop up around you (sound familiar?!). Big fanfare at the end. Total market domination! Except one store changes into a Target. The ghost of Sam Walton shows up and gives his disapproval "PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT!!!!"

hahahaha :crazy: :zany:

patybear

Reaction score
Omg,I had almost forgotten about that one!I love your comparision to Walmart,lol!
patybear

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Those clips featuring the 30 yellow dots found in episode 1 were the brainstorm of one Clark "Corky" Gessner. In 1968, Gessner, along with Jon Stone, Sam Gibbon, Jeff Moss, and Dave Connell all left the crew of Captain Kangaroo to join the fledgling Children's Television Workshop. Gessner made several films, but were considered by the workshop to be too abstract for the format of Sesame Street, so the dot clips were the only ones that they ended up using.

Gessner also got to contribute the film about signs "In, Stop, Park, etc.) to the Electric Company.

There's were a couple of other dot versions which featured the squares poping up just opposite of the dots.

1 of them was in one of the 1972 SSU episodes in which the dots back off to let the squares finish.

Another was were the dots begin and the squares again soon follow. After they meet 1 of the dots and squares get into an arguement though all you hear are sound effects from them. eventually they settle their differences and continue where the finish with both dots and squares appearing together.

Maggieleighm

Reaction score
Hi all- I just joined up here today, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

I'm a huge SS fan, and have been since I was small. I'm 31 now, so that's a long time. :wink:

I just ordered Old School, and am very much looking forward to it's arrival.

There are a couple of classic skits, I'm guessing from the late 70's, that I'm wondering if anyone else remembers. My descriptions will probably be a bit vague so bear with me.

The first one had to do with the letter O. It was animated, and all I remember is the very end, which went something like "and the boy and the goat were all Okay."

The second one was also animated, and I recall it having a snail in it, and the song went something like "That's about the size, where you put your eyes, that's about the size of it."

Thanks for any help!

Andy

Reaction score
I saw both of these on youtube.com. You might find them there:smile:.