Dvd

Gonzo14

Reaction score
hey, I recently stumbled upon a couple webstes

www.tvboxset.com

and

www.tvaddicts.tv

i found some pretty rare DVD's i'd like, for example, a set of all 3 seasons of 8 simple rules, a set of all 3 seasons of Even Stevens, and a set of all 7 seasons of Boy Meets World

my question is, has anyone ever bought something from these places, and if so, are they legitimate, or not? i've got a birthday coming in a few weeks and i'll probably buy one to check it out

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi - I haven't done business with them, but I would be wary of these sites. For example, the 1960's "Batman" series has not yet been released on retail DVD, but one of these sites is offering it for sale.

Now that doesn't mean they're not "legit" in the business sense - they likely do have the shows in question, but my guess is that they are not of perfect quality (i.e. something taped off TV!) That may be OK with you, but you should know what you're getting into. The quality may still be very good, but if it isn't an "official" product, it likely won't be "perfect".

One of my favorite sites for info. about TV shows on DVD is below:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com

==================================================

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com

Lucy

Reaction score
8 Simple Rules!! My god, I loved that show. I remember being really upset when I heard about John Ritter, he was what made the show great. Still wonder how much better it would have been if they'd introduced CJ at the very beginning of the show though.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
yeah i know, if it's real, even if it's not the best quality, if it has all the episodes then it's definitely worth it, same with Even Stevens, I'll probably take the risk and check it out, if it turns out to be not worth it then i'll return it

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the Adam West Batman series to come out. I know there's some legal complications between Warner Bros. and Fox, but a Bat-fan can only wait so long!!

Adam West is the ONE AND ONLY BATMAN!!!!!

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!!!!!!!!

IMHO, of course!:wink:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the Adam West Batman series to come out. I know there's some legal complications between Warner Bros. and Fox, but a Bat-fan can only wait so long!!

Adam West is the ONE AND ONLY BATMAN!!!!!

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!!!!!!!!

IMHO, of course!:wink:
I did like Michael Keaton.. I thought he pulled off the Bruce Wayne-Batman dual identity better than any of the other recent Batmans, but Adam West is still my favorite.. what can i say? .. I prefer the comedy

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I did like Michael Keaton.. I thought he pulled off the Bruce Wayne-Batman dual identity better than any of the other recent Batmans, but Adam West is still my favorite.. what can i say? .. I prefer the comedy
Of the current Batmans 1989-present, I prefer Christian Bale, with Val Kilmer coming in a close second.

But they both pale in comparison to the MIGHTY WEST!!