does anyone remeber these EARLY sesame street episodes?

Jyllian

Reaction score
they are from the very beginning episodes of sesmae street..this is my first post though i have been lurking for years ( i had a hard time logging in for sme reason) but anyhow , these are the SS clips i would LOVE to see again.

1 Six Silly Sailors

2. the boy the girl and the jelly beans

3 there was another one that a little girl her grandparents bought them these life sized Jigsaw puzzles of a boy and a girl in swimsuits holding a shovel and pail and i remember at the end, the girl say"Look at my silly brother, he thinks hes a jigsaw puzzle too!" and hes laying inside the puzzle.

4. the country mouse and the city mouse.

5 there was another one..with the beautiful day monster, and he was trying to scam ernie out of something...and he came in dressed like a baker, trying to take ernie's cookies.

6 there was another one that ernie had kept these ice cubesin a box and they melted
7 antoher one that this little boy lost his toy box a small box that was red and had a white stripe on it

8 the one about the little girl andher "magic glasses"

anyone know if any of these are on youtube or where i could find them?

thanks! Jyll

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Wasn't born untill 4 years after its debut but there are some of those you mentioned which had been repeated in later episodes.

Jyllian

Reaction score
i was just a tot at the time they were released, but if i saw them after that i cant remember..if anyone sees these on youtube please let me know i would be very greatful..or if anyone knows where i can get them on vhs or dvd....i love nostalgia.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Hey, Jyll!

Yes, I remember all of them except the girl with the magic glasses. I think I remember one with a boy and his magic glasses and an Ernie and Bert clip with magic glasses.

I too, would love to see some of these clips, especially the Boy, the Girl, and the Jellybeans and the City and Country Mouse clips. Maybe they'll pop up someday on YouTube.

Speaking of YouTube, I know I've seen the Ernie and Bert with the ice cubes clip on there, but I think it was in a different language. I'm not sure if anyone has posted it in English, but you might want to do a search for it.

Good luck! :wink:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi Jyll!
Yeah....I remember a couple of them."The Boy,The Girl & The Jellybeans" dealt with feelings,as far as I can remember.It was in 3 different parts.
The ice cube one was with Ernie & Bert.I remember after Bert explained that the ice cubes were melted,Ernie thought that a fish melted his ice cubes.Then he said,"When I catch him,I'm gonna tear him fin from fin!!" When he left,Bert said in a sort of exasperated voice,"Go get him,Ernie."and that was the end of the sketch.
Anyway,that's all I remember.I hope I helped & welcome to Muppet Central!:smile:
Kathy

Jyllian

Reaction score
Hi Mokeystar and Katzi..

Mokeystar, i think you are right, i think the magicglasses one was with a little boy....but there was one with Erine and Bert and the magic glasses, i vaguely remember but i cannot remember what the theme of the ernie and bert skit is..

kathy...thats right he said he will tear him fin from fin...thats hilarious..oh i hope they appear on youtube.. i would LOVE to see them again..

Jyll

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Hey Jyll,

Here's the link (in Hebrew) to the Ernie and Bert Icecube clip if you're interested in seeing it. Sometimes, even though I can't understand what they're saying, it's fun to see the clips anyway.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rJ7qymz8XXA

For a while, YouTube had the clip with Beautiful Day Monster and Ernie (where he dresses up in different costumes) but that too, was in another language. I looked for it, and I think it's gone now.

I don't remember much about the Ernie and the magic glasses clip, but I think it had Cookie Monster in it. I'm sure someone around here could tell you more about it. Hope this helps!:smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
those groovy magic glasses

I remember the magic glasses too! I think there was a few of them, where the boy would walk through the park and hear different things, and put on the glasses and his thoughts would come to life.
In various points, he heard a baby crying, a man coughing, and a woman typing a letter on one of those real-old-manual typewriters (remember those?)

I also remember the city mouse and country mouse, and eagerly waiting for its resurrection on youtube. someday.

And the boy, the girl, and the jellybeans, picture the boy with the fuzzy hair and striped shirt, and the blonde girl all grown up, that's me and Mokeystar today. The resemblance is uncanny.

ISNorden

Reaction score
All of those clips sound very familiar except for Six Silly Sailors (was that from Season 1?). Thanks for the great memories, Jyllian!

Jyllian

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for that link....i will watch it and PRAY one day that someone posts it in English because that would be grrrrreat!!!!!

the one about six silly sailors was an early cartoon about the letter S and it startd with somoene saying "six silly sailors came sliding down our street" (Sesame street)

also , does anyone remember an early sesame street muppet skit, for the beatles song HELP??

I think a little puppet man was singing it and being chased by a monster.. i also remember up up and away , and yellow submarine..

However, my mom says she thinks the muppets on sesame sang "spinnin wheel " (what goes up, must come down, spinning wheel, spinning round") by blood, sweat and tears and she said one of the muppets was playing a horn...i dont think i remember that though..does anyone remember it? if they really had it or not....

That quote from ernie, "Im gonna tear him fin from fin" has been making me laugh every time i think about it.....

i think i heard him saying that when i was a little girl of about 3 and i was mad at a little kid in my preschool class and told my mom "Im gonna tear her fin from fin" (quoting Ernie) and my horrified mother said "Jyll! that is NOT NICE!!" thats probably why i am laughing so hard..i guess at age three , i didnt realize people dont have fins, probably didnt know what that meant!

Anyhow, those old skits are priceless..i hope they put out an old school sesame street part two..