does anyone remeber these EARLY sesame street episodes?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
However, my mom says she thinks the muppets on sesame sang "spinnin wheel " (what goes up, must come down, spinning wheel, spinning round") by blood, sweat and tears and she said one of the muppets was playing a horn...i dont think i remember that though..does anyone remember it? if they really had it or not....
It's true. I think Mupet Wiki has pages for some first season episodes featuring that song, and the Sesame Street knock-off album Songs from Sesame Street includes that song.

Jyllian

Reaction score
Really? How can i find these pages? Im sorry if i seem a bit lacking of knowlege on the subject... i really just joined not very long ago...thanks again for the info..this is so fun

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't remember what exact episodes featured it, but there are pages for all 130 episodes from the first season at Muppet Wiki. I know that Spinning Wheel is not in episodes 1, 8, 43, 54, or 83 (unless Noggin cut it from any of those episodes).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know the exact web link for Muppet Wiki (it's in my "favorites" folder, so I don't have to type in the address). It's also not in the links section of Muppet Central, but www.toughpigs.com has a link to the site.

Jyllian

Reaction score
i have found it, and was looking at it thank you for that...i see a lot of skits i dont think i even remember, some i vaguly remember...is there anyway to view these skits on this site? I hae a very old crappy pc, its windows 98 and dial up so not very much works on my pc, but if i can watch them i can always go to the library to watch em.
thanks again Jyll

Mokeystar

Reaction score
And the boy, the girl, and the jellybeans, picture the boy with the fuzzy hair and striped shirt, and the blonde girl all grown up, that's me and Mokeystar today. The resemblance is uncanny.

:smile: Yeah, that's you and me all right. Minus Beautiful Day Monster.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
thanks for that link....i will watch it and PRAY one day that someone posts it in English because that would be grrrrreat!!!!!

the one about six silly sailors was an early cartoon about the letter S and it startd with somoene saying "six silly sailors came sliding down our street" (Sesame street)

also , does anyone remember an early sesame street muppet skit, for the beatles song HELP??

I think a little puppet man was singing it and being chased by a monster.. i also remember up up and away , and yellow submarine..

However, my mom says she thinks the muppets on sesame sang "spinnin wheel " (what goes up, must come down, spinning wheel, spinning round") by blood, sweat and tears and she said one of the muppets was playing a horn...i dont think i remember that though..does anyone remember it? if they really had it or not....

That quote from ernie, "Im gonna tear him fin from fin" has been making me laugh every time i think about it.....

i think i heard him saying that when i was a little girl of about 3 and i was mad at a little kid in my preschool class and told my mom "Im gonna tear her fin from fin" (quoting Ernie) and my horrified mother said "Jyll! that is NOT NICE!!" thats probably why i am laughing so hard..i guess at age three , i didnt realize people dont have fins, probably didnt know what that meant!

Anyhow, those old skits are priceless..i hope they put out an old school sesame street part two..
A lot of the skits that are mentioned in Muppet Wiki are also shown on YouTube. However, if there's not a link directly from the Wiki site, there's a chance that either the clip isn't on YouTube or it has been taken off. But if you're looking for a specific clip, you might want to double check on YouTube, just to make sure.

If I were you, I'd DEFINITELY check out YouTube. You have to kind of pick through some of the good from.....well......things that aren't Sesame clips, like people's videos of their Tickle Me Elmo dolls and stuff. But it's worth it to spend some time sorting through the clips. There are several members here who have posted a ton of wonderful stuff that I know you'll be delighted to see.

The clips that you mentioned I haven't seen on YouTube. That's not to say that they aren't out there or may eventually be posted. One of my favorite oldies that I hadn't seen since I was 4 was recently posted by the lovely ISNorden (the 1-2-3-4-5 clip), and I had given up hope ever seeing it again. But one day, there it was!

I know Xerus (a member here) is also looking for the Six Silly Sailors clip, so you're not alone in trying to find it. I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss the memory of it with you.

Anyway, you remember a lot of great old clips. Don't give up finding these! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A lot of the skits that are mentioned in Muppet Wiki are also shown on YouTube. However, if there's not a link directly from the Wiki site, there's a chance that either the clip isn't on YouTube or it has been taken off. But if you're looking for a specific clip, you might want to double check on YouTube, just to make sure.
Another reason that a You Tube link for a certain clip would not be at Muppet Wiki is because it's currently commercially available. Muppet Wiki has a policy of not posting commercially-available clips. But You Tube does have clips of skits that are currently available on video and DVD.

Jyllian

Reaction score
really? thats great! if these early clips , like most of the first season, is commercailly available, would that mean i can buy them somewhere? Id love to buy them, but aside from sesame old school DVD i havent a clue where to look?