Those Dang Dots!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After watching the first episode on the Sesame Street Old School set, I have to ask something: WHAT was UP with those yellow dots?! Were they supposed be a transition? Were they supposed be funny? WHAT?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I would think they were mainly serving as a transition between skits. And yeah, intended to be funny. Personally, I find them interesting. Sometimes they seem to behave like individual dots, and other times they all act together as one cohesive "life form." Lol

MrsPepper

Reaction score
After watching the first episode on the Sesame Street Old School set, I have to ask something: WHAT was UP with those yellow dots?! Were they supposed be a transition? Were they supposed be funny? WHAT?
UUURGH... don't even get me started... they made me so frustrated! It's funny, but I just want to shout at the screen GET TO THE LAST NOTE ALREADY!!! :boo: I'm getting all twichy just thinking about them ><

ISNorden

Reaction score
Hey, I liked the dot clips; they taught me about patterns, conformity, and sometimes other human behavior. Sometimes less really is more...

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hey, I liked the dot clips; they taught me about patterns, conformity, and sometimes other human behavior. Sometimes less really is more...
I liked them too!:smile:
There's links to them on youtube. I was going to tease the "dot-haters" and post the links on this thread,but then I figured I'd gain some enemies. So I'm leaving well enough alone.:smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I actually like them, but I'll be sitting there, getting all twitchy because I want the next dot to come. It keeps breaking the pattern! ><

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Well, when you have to come up with 125 hours of material for just one season, I'm sure that any filler that is not the same as another piece is worth consideration. They also ran with a theme, and they differed slightly...I remember wondering which one would happen next (as a kid, anyway)

patybear

Reaction score
I too always thought that the purpose of those dots was to fill space.But if you read 'Sesame Street Unpaved'-by David Borgenicht,David Hughes(illustrator),and Tanya Ross-Hughes(illustrator),you will find that they were actually counting to 30. F.Y.I-'Sesame Street Unpaved' is now out of print.
patybear