You're stuck with us
And those snakes
On
A
Plaaaaaaaane!
:sing:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Two years ago, I played Brad in the original musical, The Rocky Horror Show. It was a blast. We played to full houses throughout the run (the auditorium had about 700-750 seats). Fortunately, no one shouted at us from the audience (some of the dialogue in the play is different from that in the movie), and no one called me...well, I'm sure you know what Rocky movie audiences affectionately(?) call Brad.
Haha, yeah, I saw the Broadway revival of Rocky Horror in 2000 with Tom Hewitt and Raul Esparza and Daphne Rubin-Vega (if anyone's familiar with Broadway people...). Ana Gasteyer played Magenta and, actually, Dylan--er... Luke Perry played Brad. He was actually pretty good. I was surprised.

But yeah, when I saw the revival we were actually encouraged to shout things out. They had the people playing the "Phantoms" (aka ensemble) sit out among the audience when they weren't on stage and shout things out themselves. It was fun. Dick Cavett was the Narrator and he totally talked back to the audience through the whole thing. It was awesome.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, I saw the Broadway revival of Rocky Horror in 2000 with Tom Hewitt and Raul Esparza and Daphne Rubin-Vega (if anyone's familiar with Broadway people...). Ana Gasteyer played Magenta and, actually, Dylan--er... Luke Perry played Brad. He was actually pretty good. I was surprised.

But yeah, when I saw the revival we were actually encouraged to shout things out. They had the people playing the "Phantoms" (aka ensemble) sit out among the audience when they weren't on stage and shout things out themselves. It was fun. Dick Cavett was the Narrator and he totally talked back to the audience through the whole thing. It was awesome.
You were encouraged to shout things out? That's great!:smile:

I have the original 1973 London production, the 1974 Roxy production (which moved to Broadway and closed after 45 performances), the movie soundtrack (25th anniversary edition, which includes songs not on the original release), and the 2000 revival. On the revival album, Joan Jett is sadly MIA. But Dick Cavett and the rest of the original cast are on it.

Didn't Jerry Springer play the Narrator at one point?

Daphne Rubin-Vega was Mimi in Rent, right? On the album she plays Magenta.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
You should have taken the train,
You should have driven through the rain,
You could have taken a Greyhound bus,
But now you're stuck here with all of us,
And the snakes-
(Oh! those snakes!)
You're stuck with us
And those snakes
On
A
Plaaaaaaaane!
Excellent! Keep up the good work! I think you and Super Scooter should collaborate!:big_grin:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
So I saw MTM at midnight last night and LET ME TELL YOU... it was a Muppet fan's dream. :smile:

The theater was packed, and people who arrived late were stuck on the sides looking for empty seats. The theater wasn't that big (it wasn't that big of a theater house) but it was definitely filled.

The movie itself was incredible. I mean, obviously it's the same movie I've been watching since forever, but watching it on the big screen and with a packed audience was almost surreal. It was just awesome. Everyone was so energetic and the laughs were loud and hard. :excited:

Basically, I had a wonderful time, and as much as I loved MTM before, seeing it on the big screen with an enthusiastic audience made me appreciate it on a whole new level. If anyone can, I would highly suggest you make it out to the showing tonight--it really is a can't miss experience! :smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
So I saw MTM at midnight last night and LET ME TELL YOU... it was a Muppet fan's dream. :smile:

The theater was packed, and people who arrived late were stuck on the sides looking for empty seats. The theater wasn't that big (it wasn't that big of a theater house) but it was definitely filled.

The movie itself was incredible. I mean, obviously it's the same movie I've been watching since forever, but watching it on the big screen and with a packed audience was almost surreal. It was just awesome. Everyone was so energetic and the laughs were loud and hard. :excited:

Basically, I had a wonderful time, and as much as I loved MTM before, seeing it on the big screen with an enthusiastic audience made me appreciate it on a whole new level. If anyone can, I would highly suggest you make it out to the showing tonight--it really is a can't miss experience! :smile:
That's great that so many people were there, enjoying the Muppety magic!

Glad you had a good time!

Quack

Reaction score
w00t! New York Here comes Matthew! I'm from Jersey :smile: :wink: :halo:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Have fun Matthew! --but please don't go alone. Houston St. is not exactly a great place to be at 2am...

peyjenk

Reaction score
Sounds great. I wish I had a chance to see it the way it was meant to be seen. :smile: