Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Davina

Reaction score
wow, that looks so much better.. amazing what a difference a little color can make

MWoO

Reaction score
When was the pic of the dressed Gonzo posted? It looks al ot different than the first shots I saw of the head.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
When Travis came and chatted with us. The first one is his photo. He told us what is being worked on at the moment. I just applied it to the photo he provided.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread, but if I got it correctly...it seems like another company (or customer of company) posted a reply with a link and lower price than muppetcentral offers. I feel that is really in bad taste and not sure why Phillip even allows it. He started the thread to make attention to the pre-sale, and to try to get support for this great site most of us visit every day. The lack of advertising on this site vs the number of visits / comments to the discussion board astounds me. This website deserves our support.

If I got it wrong, please excuse me...but if it's an extra 10-20 bucks or whatever, I'm still buying through this website.

Once I get the wifeys approval that is...over $300 is going to be a hard one for her to be happy with. If it was an actual puppet that would be a different story. Anywhoos, thanks to MC for the great times and I hope it continues for a long time to come.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread, but if I got it correctly...it seems like another company (or customer of company) posted a reply with a link and lower price than muppetcentral offers. I feel that is really in bad taste and not sure why Phillip even allows it. He started the thread to make attention to the pre-sale, and to try to get support for this great site most of us visit every day. The lack of advertising on this site vs the number of visits / comments to the discussion board astounds me. This website deserves our support.

If I got it wrong, please excuse me...but if it's an extra 10-20 bucks or whatever, I'm still buying through this website.

Once I get the wifeys approval that is...over $300 is going to be a hard one for her to be happy with. If it was an actual puppet that would be a different story. Anywhoos, thanks to MC for the great times and I hope it continues for a long time to come.
Why shouldnt it be allowed. After all this thread is a continuation of the Kermit MR thread and there were links all over it to sellers websites. Yes the link Phil posted does help MC but everyone here is entilted to look for a cheaper option and are free to post it here. I cant see why its in bad taste. If I get my Animal thru the link then I will be spending the equivalant of $170 extra.

doc hopper

Reaction score
after taxes here in CA, animal's costing me $431. that was steep.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Im sorry you felt posting the link was in bad taste. That said, it's Philip's call anyway, and I'd be absolutely more than happy to oblige should he want me to remove that link. Also, you're not buying from MuppetCentral, but from their affiliate link to Master Replicas. So it's not a "lower price than muppetcentral offers", because MuppetCentral isn't selling it. It's a lower price than what Master Replicas offers.

The savings at the other site might be enough to get other folks to buy into this line, especially when you get free shipping, etc. We're talking about people being able to save anywhere from $100, to even $170 for our international friends.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I agree....and I will take my link down if Phil wants me to as well. I dont want to upset anyone on the forum.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I think the three of us are pretty much in agreement. I didn't realize it would be over $100 difference for intl folk and that makes a big difference. If a company added the link it would be in very bad taste IMHO as they are using MC as free advertising and are basically in competition with MC. If a customer or potential customer added the link they were just trying to be helpful to others here on MC....but it's still a fine line in my opinion. Yes, I realize MC isn't selling the replicas, but as we're all aware they get a commission and by linking to other stores on this site you are reducing the potential revenue. I'm just trying to support MC, nothing personal against anyone. All I know is if it was my website, I wouldn't be as cool as Phillip has been in the past.

Now, if MC could secure a lower price / better deal (maybe because the majority of us would "promise" to purchase through their affiliate link vs the competition who is probably getting a quantity discount) it would be a win win for all of us. Besides, this website is probably the biggest supporter of the Muppets, Muppet merchandise, and the MR replica muppets. They deserve to make a buck! Just my 2 cents.