Christy B Appreciation Thread.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Elvis voice: Are you one of those real British folks or one of those fakey-fake British bobbies?
Sure Christy, I'd like to see your badge.

*Gets buzzed out.
Ryan, take over since you're probably ziffling me now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not rully... But at least now we have all the chocolate in Europe. You're next Hershey's!
Mwahahahahahahaha!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't really know her all that well, but a lot of people around here do, so I'd hate to be the odd one out, so...

yay, Christy B has her own fan club!

christyb

Reaction score
*laughs at this thread*

Why does it not surprise me that a thread about me has to do with taking over something? Oh man, I miss this place. Back in the day when well...I'd skip...er I mean study during class time to be here. Well what has been happening with me....well....Let's see I was fairly active up until March of this year. Well that's when someone began construction on a coffee house in town. So me being a) outta a job and b) outta cash I walked up like my nosy self and asked if they needed help. By day two of business I was made general/day shift manager. The owner basically has me run everything (because nothing ever gets done or at least when he is supposed to do things). Now I'm not making big money ( I wish) only $6.00 and hour. At first I was working 40+ a week on this place. My cell phone is now fused to my hip I sware and suppliers call me at random times. Not to mention if it's not a supplier it's the owner asking "Christy how do you or where is..?" Then I was getting frustrated 1) with all the hard work and 2) the carp that came with it and lack of compensation. So I applied to the TN Tech Center in McKenzie. I was accepted and I'm not in their COT course to get my networking and comp repair certifications. That and what's even better...I finally have some decent financial aid thanks to the great people there. I'm not paying a penny for school and have money coming back to me. Other than that all is fairly well. My dogs are fine and well find new forms of trouble everyday (they broke a window the other day). My family is good..and my baby sister just turned 13! Which is scary. Last night I recieved my very first paid web design gig. I'm excited about it. My boss is well teed off but hey it's not my fault he paid $1,900 for a piece of carp (check out this) instead of having me do it for little to nothing. Anyways, and I have a video to produce for Wednesday night. Okay so it's only a family memories thing but I love doing it so I take any chance anyone will give me. And I get to produce all the media for a big youth revival here. So I'm psyched..and busy. Oh and you're probably wondering about the book. It's coming along splendidly. Tabi has been a jewel in helping us out...(which whenever you want or have time....we would love more drawings)...when the book is finished and if it doesn't get published I have a webpage for it sitting on my harddrive waiting on a release. We're still pestering Random House to hopefully get a chance. Love you all and miss you loads. I'll pop in as often as I can. :smile: Oh and my email does still work everyone. :stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*HUGS Christy* Sounds like things are going hectic, but good for ya, girly! I'm so happy that you have a life, yet you still find time to come check in on us every once in awhile. I still think that's really, really exciting about your book, and it's great that Tabi's helping with the drawings (perfect choice, by the way). Hope to see you more and more 'round these parts!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray hurrah! Sis!
*Runs up to hug Christy.

Book? What book? Anything fickish we should know about?
And we know your E-mail/Gmail works... We can send you messages just fine. It's your replies that seem to get lost in the murky depths of that whirlpool we woulda thrown Hebbage into waaaaaaay back off of the coasts of Australia.
Seriously, drop me a message with how far you got in the stories I sent you, which ones you'd like to have, and you know the rest is instant magic.

Probably won't see you today as I'm working on the ol' list... But it's so magnitrufflificent to see you back here Sis. Yes, so excited am I I' making up combo words at random.
*Hugs Christy again and bounces away.

christyb

Reaction score
Things are hectic. Tabi did an excellent job creating a character out of one paragraph. They are truly excellent and if the one in a million shot comes true...they will be worth lots of monies (So Tabi don't show that drawing to everyone! Oh and I'm not giving back the orginals..ever :stick_out_tongue:) Yeah my replies stink...okay they are nonexistent. I'd love more stories Count but honestly? I don't have time to read them. I'll let you know when things slack of a bit. Creatively? It's this fan book I'm writing. My mind is filled with it and there's no room for nothing else. Which is why those two works are on hold. I started the book shortly after those. I'll be happy to share the work I am working on with anyone when it's finished...the only hitch is you have to read the Eragon books by Christopher Paolini. Why? because I'm writing a fan version of book 3 of that trilogy.