Pirates 3: What did you think? (SPOILER ALERT)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I thoroughly appreciated and enjoyed this film. Quite a different ending than I expected, but good nonetheless.

Flavio

Reaction score
This movie could have been shortened by a hour...

That 20 minute scene with nothing but a ship, jack, and some rocks/crabs

G-MAN

Reaction score
I missed the scene after the credits, what happened?

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I missed the scene after the credits, what happened?
A caption reads "10 Years Later" we see a young boy walking out to the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean while singing "A pirate's life for me". Elizabeth comes up behind him thus revealing that the boy is her and Will's son. They continue to watch the sun rise and then there's a green flash. Both smile wide as the Flying Dutchman appears on the horizon with Will aboard returning to them.

It should be noted that a scene of dialogue removed from the final cut of the film revealed that the curse of the Flying Dutchman would be lifted if the captain's lover remained faithful for the ten years, which Elizabeth did.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I thought it was great. First movie of the summer that I wasn't disappointed by.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
It should be noted that a scene of dialogue removed from the final cut of the film revealed that the curse of the Flying Dutchman would be lifted if the captain's lover remained faithful for the ten years, which Elizabeth did.
Thanks for sharing this! Why was it removed?

peyjenk

Reaction score
I don't know why it was removed, but I tend to say that if it isn't in the movie, it isn't canon. In other words, even though that dialogue may have been intended, since it wasn't included, it doesn't count.

But that's just how I see it. :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
But they did more or less get that point across with a few scenes, but mostly the Calypso/Davy Jones scene. The wife and I picked up on that, it was pretty clear we thought.

There might have been a Little Mermaid reference in the film, did anyone else catch that? I'll say more if anyone else thinks so, cuz I'm not too sure.

Oh yeah, I LOVED this movie! We saw it twice now, and I think that'll do just fine until it's released on DVD. Hopefully by then we'll have a Blu-Ray player, but if not, HD-DVD will do. :wink: