Sesame Street TV References

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Last night's Robot Chicken had Sesame Street adjacent to Wall Street and Kermit's cousin Gordon Gecko stopped by to incite the kids to run out and make investments "and stop dressing like 9 year-olds". Pretty funny. No Palisade's figure usage, though.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
On last night's The Office, there was a huge Sesame Street reference. Michael compared Jim to Big Bird and mentioned Bert, Maria, and Gordon as well. Hilarious!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
On Monday's Big Bang Thery, Penny mentions a crush she and her friend had on Bert and Ernie.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Last night, Colbert has an expose on Sesame Street. It's hilarious!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
On Monday's Daily Show, Louis Black talks about the people getting the swine flu vaccine and who's not getting it... He finishes his bit by saying that the people who don't get the vaccine can at least make their kids happy by buying the new Stickle-Me-Elmo. The Elmo doll then says "Louis stole Elmo from a little child, to which Lou yells "Shut Up!" at it.
Jon's reaction after that... "You told Elmo to shut up? ! ?"

The thing made me bust a gut from laughter. The weasels very nearly got me that day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mupdate.

On last night's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Santino Marella—the Italian idiot—attempted to impress guest host Chris Angel by performing an amateurish magic trick... The trick Santino tried was preceeded by him saying the magic words "A La Peanut Butter Sandwiches." So yeah, there you have it.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
Did anyone see Community this past week with Abed and Troy doing a Bert and Ernie imitation in the last few minutes?

We laughed pretty hard. :smile: If you missed it or want to see it again (luckily we have it on DVR because I've watched it a couple times), it can be found here: http://www.nbc.com/community/

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I guess we should mention last night's Family Guy with parodies of Big Bird, Oscar, Bert and Ernie. Can't remember what the exact names were though.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I guess we should mention last night's Family Guy with parodies of Big Bird, Oscar, Bert and Ernie. Can't remember what the exact names were though./QUOTE]

I just saw that part. Basically the episode centered around Stewie auditioning for the American version of Jolly Farm Revue. By the end of the episode, we see the finalized show on TV, which winds up being a parody of Sesame Street, with two guys wearing Big Bird and Oscar costumes -- the characters referred to as "Large Yellow Bird" and "Moody Green Garbage Creature", and two butch ladies dressed up as Ernie and Bert, or "Gernie and Ert".