Ask Ken at Palisades

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
WiGgY, if you're waiting for the club package to arrive at your doorstep to enter the contest, then forget about it. Go ahead and buy yourself an S2 Fozzie Bear figure, whether the regular version or one of the variants, along with your digital camera cause that sucker's not gonna get there in time. The usual time interval for club packages waffles between the 6-8 week range, so my advice to you is to get the Fozzie Bear figure from one of your local stores if you really want to enter the Second Muppet Contest. Hope this helps and have a good day.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie
Also, Are there any plans to make guests from the show or human characters from the movies?:confused:
I really wouldn't count on it. Just because a celebrity appeared on the Muppet Show does not give anyone with a Muppet Show license the right to use their image. If Palisades wanted to consider making figures of the celebrities they would have to seek out and pay individual licenses for each figure they made--assuming they could even get permission in the first place. It would be quite an expensive endeavor to create just one celebrity figure. Just getting Jim Henson in Muppet form has been a struggle.

Even though this question has been asked a lot, very few fans have really been clamouring for celebrity figures. And I doubt the general toy buyer examining a selection of Muppet figures would even consider buying a celebrity figure to go with them. So that creates a very limited audience for a potentially expensive endeavor.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My Zoot sax wasn't sticky at all as I had feared. I canNOT find Rowlf or Swedish Chef!! I'm panicking (yes, the panic king) because they aren't here, anywhere, and Suncoast here doesn't seem to get second shipments of the things I really need---just the things I don't. :boo:

I really enjoy my Zoot, Scooter, and Lew.

Can someone please explain, though, how I can get Scooter to hold his props? They don't seem to do too well in his hands when I try to pose and play.

But! He can ride down the rail that leads up the stairs to my apt!!

F:wink:Z

radionate

Reaction score
Kevin,

Where did you find Lew? I thought you said Suncoast was out.

And the Chef isn't out in Memphis yet. Or anywhere else. I don't even know if its shipped yet.

Chill out dude! :wink: :zany:

Luke

Reaction score
They still have Rowlf at the Electronics Boutique website - sad i know that, cos i'm in the wrong country to even order it !

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
I really wouldn't count on it. Just because a celebrity appeared on the Muppet Show does not give anyone with a Muppet Show license the right to use their image. If Palisades wanted to consider making figures of the celebrities they would have to seek out and pay individual licenses for each figure they made--assuming they could even get permission in the first place. It would be quite an expensive endeavor to create just one celebrity figure. Just getting Jim Henson in Muppet form has been a struggle.

Even though this question has been asked a lot, very few fans have really been clamouring for celebrity figures. And I doubt the general toy buyer examining a selection of Muppet figures would even consider buying a celebrity figure to go with them. So that creates a very limited audience for a potentially expensive endeavor.
Of course, depending on the sales numbers for celebrity figures in general, there's always the posibility that Palisades might pursue a figure or two that may have been on TMS. And they could make said celebrity figure in say, a 10-12" scale which would make them about the right size in comparison to the Muppet figs. Couldn't they?...
Ken?...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm sure the rights for celebrity figures/dolls would be expensive! Movie stars are greedy (I know "I" am!!) LOL!

Nate, they're out of them now (as far as I know), but I got Lew, Scooter, and Zoot at Suncoast Hickory Ridge last Tuesday (I think) and they were out of Rowlf. The Zoot had been opened previously, too. I don't know where else in Memphis to get these figures!!

I'm up to date on the chef kitchen now, thanks. Seems I did hear about an april ship date on those (?)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kev

You can easily peg Scooter on the skateboard, the drinks go into the holder and you pop his fingers in the grooves underneath. Many people are trying to have him hold it by the side, but that's not really how you carry a drink tray. The clipbard slides in his fingers. The megaphone is a tight fit. It takes some doing, but you can fit it in. Might take a minute. The Chinese food is held by the corner or the side, but not directly from the top. Hope this helped. :wink: :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Froggie (who knows his avatar's figure oh so well).

I can help too: The Fozzie Bear hat for the action figure fits on his HEAD!! :eek: I finally figured that one out.

That, and don't ever stick it in your nose--pure torture to get it out of there, unlike crayons or play-doh. :zany:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
WiGgY, if you're waiting for the club package to arrive at your doorstep to enter the contest, then forget about it. Go ahead and buy yourself an S2 Fozzie Bear figure, whether the regular version or one of the variants, along with your digital camera cause that sucker's not gonna get there in time. The usual time interval for club packages waffles between the 6-8 week range, so my advice to you is to get the Fozzie Bear figure from one of your local stores if you really want to enter the Second Muppet Contest. Hope this helps and have a good day.
Yeah, I just got my second e-mail with all the payment info. It says 6-8 weeks which kind of sucks but I already have two Fozzies. I was just hoping to get that one in time to add more interest. Oh well. :embarrassed: Doesn't really matter because I aready have a plan and I think I'll go get the digital camera, though it will have to be cheap. :embarrassed: