Ask Ken at Palisades

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Fraggle Lineup

Jamie, I'm genuinely curious over your musings should a Fraggle Rock figure line ever materialize. You say that there's easily 16 figures, enough for a whole year and 3 playsets. Here's my question. If you could design the first four series for a Fraggle Rock action figure line: what four figures would go into each of the series, would there be an exclusive or variant figure and if so who would it be, and which playset and additional figure would go with what series. If you wish to participate in this exercise, then please post your response when it's ready. Thanks for the input and have a great weekend, or at least what's left of it.

C'irdan

Reaction score
yeah...Ken said that they were definetly making sweetums. But he could have been mistaken of course.

Gorgan heap is just too obscure...although it would be very cool.

but what would sweetums come with? (other than Robin)

WiGgY

Reaction score
maybe a club and I big crate marked props. The crate was someone else's idea. It's a place to put all the other figures props.

C'irdan

Reaction score
fraggles

OOH! that would be soooooo cool!

My lineup:

Series one:

Gobo
Red
Wembley

Playset: Fraggle rock cave with doozers and world's oldest fraggle

Series 2:

Mokey
Boober
Trash-heap with two droopy guys ("the trash heap has spoken. Nyaah!")

Playset: Gorg's garden with Junior Gorg figure

Series 3:

Cantus
Ma Gorg
Pa Gorg

Playset: fraggle home playset (where they slept and stuff) with Lou fraggle (hey I need some ideas!)

Series 4:

Convincing John
Storyteller Fraggle
Sprocket

Playset: Outer space playset (doc's house) with uncle traveling matt figure

I'm in the fraggley mood.

:smirk: :excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sweetums really doesn't need to come with anything. He's big enough, but I would like to see a club. I wonder if Henson will think that it's too Frog Prince to use for a TMS line. LOL! You never know. I can see Robin seperately carded - maybe with a penguin or a frackle. Or maybe he can come with a future Kermit. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My Fraggle Rock lineup list

This is the sort of pacing that Palisades seems to follow. I don't see more than 4 waves and playsets, but here goes. I've only seen less than 20 episodes and some compilations (didn't have cable growing up) so my knowlege is not that great, but I love them just the same.

Series 1

1 Gobo
2 Boober
3 Ma Gorg (with mini Mokey and Red)
4 Large Marvin Fraggle
Playset: Fraggle Caves with Doozers

Series 2

1 Red
2 Wembley
3 Firechief Fraggle
4 Storyteller Fraggle
Playset: Sprocket & Doc with Doc’s house (with mini Traveling Matt)

Series 3

1 Mokey
2 Cantus
3 Trash Heap with Philo and Gunge
4 Morris Fraggle
Playset: Junior Gorg Gorg’s Garden (with mini Gobo)

Series 4

1 Sidebottom Boober
2 Traveling Matt
3 Merkey Merggle
4 Doozer pack with Cotterpin ,Wingnut and other
Playset: Pa Gorg and Castle (with mini Boober and Wembley)

Exclusives: Convincing John with backup singers
The World's Oldest Fraggle

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to see that others are interested in this Fraggle experiment. Jamie, thanks for taking the time to answer with a beginner's lineup. Here are my questions.
1 When you mention a "Mini" figure, is that figure supposed to be a static PVC statuelike figure like the Mini-Muppets line to be released by Palisades later this year?
2 Isn't Merkey's name spelled Merkie?
3 Did you mean to place Cotterpin Doozer with her parents in the same multi-pack? If so, then Flange her father is the only one missing from your proposal.
4 Do you think that there could be any accessories offered with the figures themselves? If so, then what are some ideas for accessories with these figures?
5 The name of Boober's alternate personality is just Sidebottom, though they look alike. I think it shows initiative to include him and the Storyteller Fraggle, along with Cantus, Merkie Merggle, and Large Marvin as a nod to the obscure characters to try to balance such a proposal.
Thanks once again and have a good fright.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The mini Fraggles are for use with the Gorgs because they could never be made to scale. The minis would probably be unarticulated.

I don't know how to spell Merkie. I just included him because the Merggles were getting big when the show ended. I'm really not aware of them, but have heard a lot. There's really only one obscure character per wave. They could be left out and the waves could be 3 each instead of 4. It's sad that we'll probably never see any of this. :smirk:

I just threw out some of the name Doozers. No specifics. I have no preference.

Of course the figures should come with accessories. Just didn't feel like listing everyting.

I used the name Sidebottom Boober so that people would know what I was talking about. I don't think Ken or Palisades would know who the character is if I just called him Sidebottom. I'm sure the packaging would probably read Sidebottom Boober to drum up more business for lesser fans.:excited:

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
The mini figures with the Gorgs is a novel idea, Jamie. However, I don't think that they'd make a Doc figure. For my pics, I'd cheat a little with the Doozers and Sprocket -- I'd make the Fraggles about the size of Kermit, Doozers the size of Rizzo, and Sprocket would be...I don't know, maybe Dr. Teeth size?

First Wave (assuming that they wouldn't be mixed in with the general line)
1) Gobo
2) Travelling Matt
3) Red
4) Wembley
5) Travelling Matt (Tuxedo Variant)

Second Wave
1) Boober
2) Mokey
3) Sprocket
4) Junior Gorg
5) Doozer (five different helmets)

PLAYSET: Trash Heap playset

Third Wave
1) Cantus
2) Sidebottom Boober
3) Philo
4) Ma Gorg
5) Swimming Red (costume from Let the Water Run)

Fourth Wave
1) Storyteller
2) Grunge
3) Pa Gorg
4) Convincing John
5) Cotterpin Doozer

PLAYSET: Cave playset (with Workshop and Gorg Garden Openings) with Cave critters