Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Well keep in mind there was originally a roumor of them casting Hillery Duff as Dorathy. I think, all things considered, Ashanti wasn't such a bad choice!
:wink:
I dont know trying to be hip and trendy in any case is bad when it comes to casting some one like that...either one was a bad choice.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yes, Scooter's voice was utterly charming. :big_grin: I was all "CUTE!"
Piggy sounded too masculine but it could have been worse--iy was not so bad. xD

Muppets will pull through somehow even though the modern humor in Disney Channel is actually cornier than any other type of humor in the history of comedy. : D The muppets are less corny in humor so they will pull through.
Thank you! It's like it's trying to hard to be funny ad it just falls flat every time.

"used to" being the key word.I would think there would be very little chance of the Fraggles teaming up with the Muppets, especially after the Jim Henson Company edited out the Muppet reference in the titles of Fraggle Rock DVD.Maybe in the future, they could do guest spots, but for now, I think they want to make it clear that the Fraggles and Muppets are different families.
This is true. But I was trying to say to TSF that they would not have Fraggles for this very reason, especially obscure ones.

GonzoRizo

Reaction score
This is great news. I hope Rizzo is in it and interacts with Gonzo.

MWoO

Reaction score
Good that they are doing new stuff but the part about having Disney channel "star" cameo's made me cringe. I mean I get that the muppets have to use current stars, but why the manufactured disney channel teeny-bopper ones?

Xela

Reaction score
Ooh, I can't wait to see this!
Hopefully this is the start of much more to come within the next few years...

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Good that they are doing new stuff but the part about having Disney channel "star" cameo's made me cringe. I mean I get that the muppets have to use current stars, but why the manufactured disney channel teeny-bopper ones?
The more people the muppets attract equal
a] more money
b] more interest
c] more appeal
d] greater demand from a diverse audience

and it can help the teeny bopper culture get into the muppets.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yes I know they will attract an audience, but at what cost? I cringe at Zack and Cody talking to Kermit. The disney star act poorly and rely on bad jokes. Sorry, just not a fan of them. It said to see the muppet go from the likes of Bob Hope to the likes of Hannah Montana.

Smiles

Reaction score
*Sigh* this fact worries me too. I keep thinking of the little "shows" Disney Channel plays during commercials when I think about it. But I'm very excited nonetheless.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Yes I know they will attract an audience, but at what cost? I cringe at Zack and Cody talking to Kermit. The disney star act poorly and rely on bad jokes. Sorry, just not a fan of them. It said to see the muppet go from the likes of Bob Hope to the likes of Hannah Montana.
It's really not even that we dont have many good quality stars these days their all cookie cutter chop shop impressions of former stars and hack actors.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh I know, I wish we could go back in time and bring Natelie Portman and hire her as Dorothy. We should deffinantley see if Bunsen Honeydew is able to invent this wonderful time machine.

Very much needed invention. <3