Fan Mail

christyb

Reaction score
christyb said:
Well, it actually isn't mail. More like a project I'm doing for a class. You see we have to do a commemorative speech in Public Speaking (not due till mid April). So I'm saying "Thanks" to all of them and Jim too. I'm putting the speech with as many Muppet clips from the years as I can get my hands on. The intro will be to the tune of "Rainbow Connection". I'm working on it right now. So in an indirect way. I'd like a catch all to send a DVD copy of the thing to all of them. If not I'll make as many copies as possible and send it individually.
Also, I'd like to add if anyone has clips from anything Henson Co. has done (Muppet, Sesame, Fraggles,etc., you get the point) That you would share with me I'd appreciate it a ton. Just email me (christybondurant@hotmail.com)

Becky

Reaction score
Have since had my letter to Steve back too. Ooh wish there was another succesful add known :frown:

T-Bird Chick

Reaction score
EmmyMik said:
Yeah, you do get a picture. It depends on who they have. Last year I wrote asking for a picture of Scooter, and I got one (now it's proudly hanging on my wall).

I don't *think* so. Like I said, I wrote a letter, and they sent me a picture.

I have no idea. I just asked for a picture and they sent it (no autograph). However, I did write to Dave Goelz ( :wink: ), and I got back a picture of Gonzo signed by Dave and Gozno (Gonzo is signed as "The Great Gonzo" and ther are lots of stars and spirals. It's cool!). So I don't really have a clue.

You've actually met Rob Paulsen and Moe LaMarche? How awesome! I've never had the chance to meet them (I've just written goofy little fan letters to them), but wow. That would be awesome!
i touched lenard Skynyrds hand and went past lucy ball's house(like a weeks ago)and went past nicolus cage's new being-built house

T-Bird Chick

Reaction score
How Do I Get A Fan Mail Adress? I Want To Mail Them So Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muppetfanmatt

Reaction score
i wrote to one of the performers using the california offices addy. recently i got a leeter back and it told me to send all muppet fan mail to-
The Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521-
my only concearn is are the henson performers still the ones performing the characters?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, it is still the proper performers.

And, maybe the Muppet Holding COmpany is a better place to send FanMail for the Muppeteers. Pehaps put on the envelope:

Steve Whitmere (for example)
FAN MAIL
Mupet Holding Company
...etc

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I still haven't called Disney about sending my fan mail to Dave Goelz, but I also have not heard back fromwhen I mailed Jerry Nelson, almost 6 months ago I think. :cry:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Wanted to share this related story with you guys:

A couple years ago my girlfriend told me she had this friend in the military who loved the Muppets. She said his birthday was coming up, and asked if I could draw him a few of the Muppet performers with their characters. I chose my favorites: Dave Goelz with Gonzo, Jerry Nelson with Floyd and Bill Barretta with Pepe. I drew them up, gave them to my girl, and forgot about them.

Jump ahead a few months. It's now almost MY birthday, and my girlfriend makes a confession. There was no friend in the military with an affinity for The Muppets. It was all a clever ploy to get me to draw my favorite puppeteers so she could send them off to the Henson company to get autographed by the men themselves, then sent back to her to use as the world's greatest birthday present for me.

Unfortunately, she'd sent it to the wrong department at the Henson company. Realizing her mistake, she frantically called long distance to New York and had several very nice Henson operators looking for the mis-sent drawings. They said they hadn't found them, but would continue to look.

She told me this story, which absolutely touched me, to the degree that it didn't matter that the drawings were lost. Just like in Emmett Otter, it was the nicest gift anyone ever tried to give me. That's why I'm so in love with her, y'know?

Anyway, a few days after the confession, we're back in her hometown, visiting her mom during a break from college. Since she still gets all her mail sent there, she had a large stockpile of letters to pour through.

Amongst them was a bulging manilla envelope from the Jim Henson company.

Let me just say that I was excited with the possibility of getting the drawings back at all. I was really proud of them, and I was glad that the Henson people found them.

Opening them up and discovering that Dave, Jerry and Bill all took the time to actually autograph them was just the icing on the cake.

Actually, it was the cake. No, make that the meal. Heck, let's just say I'd never be hungry again.

Somehow these very cool Muppet people were sought out, handed my drawings and took the time to emblazen them with their god-like signatures. It was the coolest, greatest thing that had happened to me since meeting my girlfriend, and the best gift I'd ever received.

As a postscript to this tale, I made some pretty neat Muppet-like frames for the drawings, and they now hang prominantly in my living room in my Muppet wall of fame.

I tell the story to give hope to those who still try to reach their favorite performers. It can happen, even in the most difficult of situations. And man, is it ever worth it when it all pays off.