Fan Mail

BEAR

Reaction score
You're welcome. Hope it makes sense. So like if you were to write to Kevin Clash, you'd write:

Kevin Clash
C/O Sesame Workshop
1 Lincoln Plaza
New York, NY.....

Kiki

Reaction score
Ohhh... thanks! That's the exact address I used to write to him, actually! :smile:

matleo

Reaction score
WAHOOO!!!

had to post this here. Im so excited. Today in the mail I FINALLY got two pictures i had sent to Frank Oz well over a year ago and asked him to sign. he sent a form letter along with them basically saying "Sorry this took so long" and then also wrote a personal "sorry this took so long" at the bottom. I'm so excited. I now have a nearly complete collection of Henson autogrpahs including
Jim Henson (signed MTM poster
frank Oz (signed pics of him with Fozzie and Grover)
Jerry Juhl (signed pic of Pigs in Space)
Jerry Nelson (signed pic of him and Floyd)
Dave Goelz (signed pics of him with Zoot and Beau)
Steve Whitmire (signed pic of him with Lips)
Kevin CLash (signed pic of him with Clifford
Fran Brill (signed pic of her with Zoe)
and Marty Robinson, Pam Arciero, and Caroll Spinney (cast photo also signed by Snuffy, Grungetta, and Big Bird)

and then just to make the collection complete I scanned the photo of Richard Hunt reading the Herald Tribune in his Sweetums legs and framed that to hang alongside everyone. Needless to say my wall is...full.

--Matt

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome, Matt. I'm so jealous! So Frank signed a Muppets pic? Anything cool or of note in his letter? :excited:

matleo

Reaction score
thanks Vic. Nothing all that interesting in the note. it basicaly just said "Sorry this took as long as it did. It got kind of lost in the shuffle. Hope these are still meaningful for you. thanks for your inciteful letter. Frank Oz"

the cool part is he didn't just sign pics of the Muppets. It was actually two pics I had sent him that were him operating Grover and him operating Fozzie. And I know I've readi ninterviews he doesn't like to have stuff like that around cause he's had problems on movie sets with that. I wasn't sure how far his 'dislike' of those pictures extended. So I was very pleased he singed them.

The weird part was I just bought a new house, and was hanging my collection earlier today (before mail arrived) and had kind of made pice with the fact that I sent these two photos out last year (like Feb. 2005) and hadn't seen them back. I just kind of figured I'd never seethem again. So you can imagine my surprise when they appeared in the mail. Talk about Weird karma.

--Matt

Kiki

Reaction score
That is... soo-totally groovy, Matt! :excited: Uttterly f-a-b! I'm soo jealous! :wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
matleo said:
I wasn't sure how far his 'dislike' of those pictures extended. So I was very pleased he singed them.
Yeah; that's what I was curious about. I'd heard rumors of people who rudely tease him or such on his movie sets, and I don't like to entertain rumors, but when I hear that one of my heroes is bein' hassled, it gets me bummed.

Hey Kiki; is your current sig supposed to be from the Weird Al movie "UHF"? That's pretty cool.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Kiki said:
Thanks! :wink: But I have a little question. how would you address it to a performer, may I ask?
I would put on the lower left hand corner of the envelope: ATTN: Muppeteer Steve Whitmire (for example.)

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I'd think that if you send a SASE, it's obvious, but I always ask very politely if they'd do me the great honor of sending me an autograped photo. Who knows. maybe it is rude and that's why I've never heard back. :frown:
One time I read an article on seeking autographs.
It said if you want an autograph you should send a SASE.
Or in your letter you could enclose a postcard for them to sign and send back to you.

The biggest no-no in the article was don't expect a response if the performer is currently hot stuff or in big demand.

In the past, if I saw an actor I liked was in a Broadway show, I would write to him/her care of the theatre a few months after the play opened, (when they are no longer 'hot'.)

The TV and movie unions (AFTRA and SAG) use to forward fan mail to performers. I don't know if they do that anymore.